With one simple API call, an organization can now issue any asset as custom digital tokens (colored coins) and transfer them securely using the blockchain. “Colored coins” is a term that describes a class of methods for representing and managing real-world assets on the blockchain.
BlockCypher’s Assets API implements the Open Asset protocol, the same one that NASDAQ is using for their Private Market Platform where private shares are issued via colored coins.
“Blockchain technology will transform how we transfer value over the Internet,” says Catheryne Nicholson, BlockCypher CEO and Co-founder. “This Assets API, similar to our other APIs, makes it easy to utilize blockchain technology without having to run it yourself. We save companies time, money, and a lot of headaches.”
Prior to this release, using assets on the blockchain required a significant amount of code to track the entire history of the asset and to build complex transactions. BlockCypher’s Assets API simplifies it down to one API call.
“Assets on the blockchain should be integrated into every institution’s offerings,” says Tim Draper. “BlockCypher’s latest Assets API makes it incredibly easy to do so. Financial institutions: take notice.”
BlockCypher’s Assets API deepens the company’s offering of highly differentiated web services, which include a Confidence Factor to process transactions quickly, Microtransaction API for on-blockchain micropayments, and a Data Endpoint to record documents on the blockchain. Information about the Assets API and all of BlockCypher’s web services are detailed in their documentation.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019