With one simple API call, an organization can now issue any asset as custom digital tokens (colored coins) and transfer them securely using the blockchain. “Colored coins” is a term that describes a class of methods for representing and managing real-world assets on the blockchain.
BlockCypher’s Assets API implements the Open Asset protocol, the same one that NASDAQ is using for their Private Market Platform where private shares are issued via colored coins.
“Blockchain technology will transform how we transfer value over the Internet,” says Catheryne Nicholson, BlockCypher CEO and Co-founder. “This Assets API, similar to our other APIs, makes it easy to utilize blockchain technology without having to run it yourself. We save companies time, money, and a lot of headaches.”
Prior to this release, using assets on the blockchain required a significant amount of code to track the entire history of the asset and to build complex transactions. BlockCypher’s Assets API simplifies it down to one API call.
“Assets on the blockchain should be integrated into every institution’s offerings,” says Tim Draper. “BlockCypher’s latest Assets API makes it incredibly easy to do so. Financial institutions: take notice.”
BlockCypher’s Assets API deepens the company’s offering of highly differentiated web services, which include a Confidence Factor to process transactions quickly, Microtransaction API for on-blockchain micropayments, and a Data Endpoint to record documents on the blockchain. Information about the Assets API and all of BlockCypher’s web services are detailed in their documentation.
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019