With one simple API call, an organization can now issue any asset as custom digital tokens (colored coins) and transfer them securely using the blockchain. “Colored coins” is a term that describes a class of methods for representing and managing real-world assets on the blockchain.
BlockCypher’s Assets API implements the Open Asset protocol, the same one that NASDAQ is using for their Private Market Platform where private shares are issued via colored coins.
“Blockchain technology will transform how we transfer value over the Internet,” says Catheryne Nicholson, BlockCypher CEO and Co-founder. “This Assets API, similar to our other APIs, makes it easy to utilize blockchain technology without having to run it yourself. We save companies time, money, and a lot of headaches.”
Prior to this release, using assets on the blockchain required a significant amount of code to track the entire history of the asset and to build complex transactions. BlockCypher’s Assets API simplifies it down to one API call.
“Assets on the blockchain should be integrated into every institution’s offerings,” says Tim Draper. “BlockCypher’s latest Assets API makes it incredibly easy to do so. Financial institutions: take notice.”
BlockCypher’s Assets API deepens the company’s offering of highly differentiated web services, which include a Confidence Factor to process transactions quickly, Microtransaction API for on-blockchain micropayments, and a Data Endpoint to record documents on the blockchain. Information about the Assets API and all of BlockCypher’s web services are detailed in their documentation.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019