AlphaPoint, the leading white label technology provider for digital asset exchanges, announced StreamCore, a flexible, multi-asset blockchain solution built from the ground up for financial institutions. StreamCore allows firms to interact with blockchain data simply and dynamically, providing the tools to rapidly develop and deploy a wide range of financial solutions.
“The blockchain represents a fundamental step forward in both security and efficiency,” said Founder & CEO Joe Ventura. “More and more banks are recognizing the promise of the technology and becoming strategic partners. StreamCore provides these firms a secure, dynamic platform to engage this technology as they incorporate it into their long-term visions.”
Blockchain in the Financial Sector
Venture capital funding in the blockchain space continues to accelerate and has doubled year over year. With $462 million invested in 2015 thus far, total investment in the sector is nearing $1 billion since 2012. Increasingly, investments in the ecosystem are coming from multinational banks. Over 20 banks have made investments or formed partnerships, and many more have formed research groups.
Financial applications leveraging blockchain networks provide breakthroughs in data integrity, performance, and efficiency in how assets move between parties. StreamCore leverages the inherent benefits of the blockchain – immutability, strong cryptography, instantaneous clearing – but makes significant improvements. The solution allows firms complete control over their data and acts as a general-purpose platform for deploying blockchain-enabled financial applications.
Benefits for Distributed Financial Applications
The technology behind StreamCore extends AlphaPoint’s existing platform, currently used by over 20 clients, and supports a range of applications – including asset exchange, distributed payments, real-time accounting, and multi-asset risk management. Key benefits include:
- Secure Architecture – Multiple parties link together across secure networks, creating an airtight, incorruptible record of events.
- Flexible Permissioning – Parties access only information that is explicitly shared with them, and each message is encrypted individually.
- Immutable, Auditable Records – Data can be searched like a traditional database, and is impossible to change or falsify.
“Blockchain-enabled systems are the future of financial services,” said Ventura. “They promise to dramatically improve market structure, and we feel privileged to help institutions embrace this transformational technology.”
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019