AlphaPoint, the leading white label technology provider for digital asset exchanges, announced StreamCore, a flexible, multi-asset blockchain solution built from the ground up for financial institutions. StreamCore allows firms to interact with blockchain data simply and dynamically, providing the tools to rapidly develop and deploy a wide range of financial solutions.
“The blockchain represents a fundamental step forward in both security and efficiency,” said Founder & CEO Joe Ventura. “More and more banks are recognizing the promise of the technology and becoming strategic partners. StreamCore provides these firms a secure, dynamic platform to engage this technology as they incorporate it into their long-term visions.”
Blockchain in the Financial Sector
Venture capital funding in the blockchain space continues to accelerate and has doubled year over year. With $462 million invested in 2015 thus far, total investment in the sector is nearing $1 billion since 2012. Increasingly, investments in the ecosystem are coming from multinational banks. Over 20 banks have made investments or formed partnerships, and many more have formed research groups.
Financial applications leveraging blockchain networks provide breakthroughs in data integrity, performance, and efficiency in how assets move between parties. StreamCore leverages the inherent benefits of the blockchain – immutability, strong cryptography, instantaneous clearing – but makes significant improvements. The solution allows firms complete control over their data and acts as a general-purpose platform for deploying blockchain-enabled financial applications.
Benefits for Distributed Financial Applications
The technology behind StreamCore extends AlphaPoint’s existing platform, currently used by over 20 clients, and supports a range of applications – including asset exchange, distributed payments, real-time accounting, and multi-asset risk management. Key benefits include:
- Secure Architecture – Multiple parties link together across secure networks, creating an airtight, incorruptible record of events.
- Flexible Permissioning – Parties access only information that is explicitly shared with them, and each message is encrypted individually.
- Immutable, Auditable Records – Data can be searched like a traditional database, and is impossible to change or falsify.
“Blockchain-enabled systems are the future of financial services,” said Ventura. “They promise to dramatically improve market structure, and we feel privileged to help institutions embrace this transformational technology.”
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019