DocuSign, Inc. (DocuSign®) and Visa today showcased a new proof-of-concept that brings together secure contracts and payments made online via a connected car. Unveiled at Money2020 in Las Vegas, the DocuSign demo showcases how consumers can drive a car off the lot in a matter of minutes after securely signing all documents and paying electronically right from the driver’s seat.
The DocuSign proof-of-concept app, embedded into the dashboard of a connected car prototype developed by Visa for car-based commerce, simplifies the process of leasing or buying a car by automating all the steps into a seamless, completely secure electronic environment. The technology enables the car to be a smart asset among the Internet of Things (IoT) with the ability to manage services like auto insurance, lease payments and even tolls and parking. The proof-of-concept was developed using the blockchain and brings DocuSign’s Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform, eSignature solution and APIs together with the Visa Token Service for secure payment processing.
“Leasing a new sports car – or any car for that matter – should be fun and exciting, but lengthy paperwork and arduous processes often diminish the experience,” said Ron Hirson, Head of Product, DocuSign. “This proof-of-concept makes it easier and faster for customers to get out the door in their new car by bringing together smart contracts and payments so that customers can electronically sign all pertinent documents and seamlessly pay in one fully digital experience.”
“We see a future where car commerce goes far beyond fuel pumps and drive-thrus, becoming a fully automated experience among the Internet of Things,” said Jim McCarthy, Executive Vice President, Innovation and Strategic Partnerships, Visa. “Anything you buy from your car, or for your car, can be enabled by automatic payments: whether it’s a lease payment, insurance or anything governed by a contract. Tolls, maintenance services, music downloads, parking and even charges from the DMV could all be automated through a Visa token that is securely stored in your car,” said McCarthy.
“When a customer, partner or investor wants to partner with us to create new, game-changing innovation, we’re thrilled,” said Keith Krach, Chairman & CEO of DocuSign.”Visa is the trusted global leader in the payment industry, and is relied upon by millions of merchants and billions of consumers around the world. DocuSign is the trusted global leader in Digital Transaction Management and eSignature. Together, our Labs teams are the perfect partners to help consumers and companies fast-forward their journey to becoming fully digital.”
The proof-of-concept was developed in collaboration with DocuSign Labs, which unites talent from DocuSign’s innovation hubs around the world, together with strategic partners such as Visa, to improve the way technology enables everyday transactions to be 100 percent digital and keep life and business moving forward. Visa is a DocuSign customer and strategic investor, helping fuel DocuSign’s rapid expansion to new countries, companies and customers.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019