Microsoft has just cut a deal with Brooklyn-based Consensys to develop new Ethereum Blockchain-as-a-service products and new tools for its cloud-based service platform Azure.
The Ethereum-based service will be launched at the Ethereum developer conference, DΞVCON1, in London later this year, and will include BlockAppsStrato, a toolkit for building Ethereum applications, and Ether.Camp, a Blockchain explorer.
According to a report in International Business Times, the partnership will allow enterprise customers to deploy private and semi-private or consortium Blockchain networks, along with single click Ethereum node deployment by the Azure control panel; every Ethereum node will come complete with a full computational machine running within it.
“We can deploy a private Blockchain; the foundational elements that businesses need from the technology side,” John Lilic, from ConsenSys told the IBT“Then as we build out a prototype, we can together go through that discovery process and teach them along the way, and in doing so they now have a Blockchain…they can now interact with it and build upon it and expand it in the future.”
Marley Gray, Director of Technology Strategy, US Financial Services at Microsoft said:
“Microsoft is excited to team up with ConsenSys for in Azure’s lead offering of Ethereum Blockchain-as-a-Service. Our enterprise clients will have the ability to deploy private and semi-private or consortium blockchain networks, as well as public Ethereum nodes with a single click on Azure. Through BlockApps Strato and Ether.Camp we’ll have developer tools and applications so enterprise can begin to understand the power behind blockchain technology.”
Andrew Keys, Director of Enterprise Business Development relayed:
“A relationship between ConsenSys and Microsoft Corp. solidifies our position to offer scalable enterprise blockchain solutions. We’ve found Azure to be an efficient and powerful cloud to deploy our offerings and are looking forward to further collaboration with Microsoft.The initial offerings of BlockApps Strato and Ether.Camp will serve as foundational protocols and tools for developers to create blockchain applications immediately.”
ConsenSys spawns, coordinates, incubates and accelerates blockchain focused Spoke Ventures (SV’s) via internal development, merger & acquisition, investment and joint venture.
Founded by Joseph Lubin, a Co-Founder of The Ethereum Foundation, ConsenSys is comprised of personnel around the world. ConsenSys has formed ConsenSys Enterprise to execute large scale blockchain solutions.
BlockApps Strato is a full-stack solution for creating your own private or consortium (semi-private) blockchains based on Ethereum standards. Build blockchain applications that can be accessed from any internet-connected device using our RESTful API.
Ether.Camp is a blockchain explorer and a web-based IDE. It allows for look up and navigation of transactions on the Ethereum blockchain and collaborative coding in a web-based editor in an execution sandbox.
Ethereum is a decentralized blockchain protocol that executes smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020