Microsoft has just cut a deal with Brooklyn-based Consensys to develop new Ethereum Blockchain-as-a-service products and new tools for its cloud-based service platform Azure.
The Ethereum-based service will be launched at the Ethereum developer conference, DΞVCON1, in London later this year, and will include BlockAppsStrato, a toolkit for building Ethereum applications, and Ether.Camp, a Blockchain explorer.
According to a report in International Business Times, the partnership will allow enterprise customers to deploy private and semi-private or consortium Blockchain networks, along with single click Ethereum node deployment by the Azure control panel; every Ethereum node will come complete with a full computational machine running within it.
“We can deploy a private Blockchain; the foundational elements that businesses need from the technology side,” John Lilic, from ConsenSys told the IBT“Then as we build out a prototype, we can together go through that discovery process and teach them along the way, and in doing so they now have a Blockchain…they can now interact with it and build upon it and expand it in the future.”
Marley Gray, Director of Technology Strategy, US Financial Services at Microsoft said:
“Microsoft is excited to team up with ConsenSys for in Azure’s lead offering of Ethereum Blockchain-as-a-Service. Our enterprise clients will have the ability to deploy private and semi-private or consortium blockchain networks, as well as public Ethereum nodes with a single click on Azure. Through BlockApps Strato and Ether.Camp we’ll have developer tools and applications so enterprise can begin to understand the power behind blockchain technology.”
Andrew Keys, Director of Enterprise Business Development relayed:
“A relationship between ConsenSys and Microsoft Corp. solidifies our position to offer scalable enterprise blockchain solutions. We’ve found Azure to be an efficient and powerful cloud to deploy our offerings and are looking forward to further collaboration with Microsoft.The initial offerings of BlockApps Strato and Ether.Camp will serve as foundational protocols and tools for developers to create blockchain applications immediately.”
ConsenSys spawns, coordinates, incubates and accelerates blockchain focused Spoke Ventures (SV’s) via internal development, merger & acquisition, investment and joint venture.
Founded by Joseph Lubin, a Co-Founder of The Ethereum Foundation, ConsenSys is comprised of personnel around the world. ConsenSys has formed ConsenSys Enterprise to execute large scale blockchain solutions.
BlockApps Strato is a full-stack solution for creating your own private or consortium (semi-private) blockchains based on Ethereum standards. Build blockchain applications that can be accessed from any internet-connected device using our RESTful API.
Ether.Camp is a blockchain explorer and a web-based IDE. It allows for look up and navigation of transactions on the Ethereum blockchain and collaborative coding in a web-based editor in an execution sandbox.
Ethereum is a decentralized blockchain protocol that executes smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019