Digital Asset Holdings and Blockstack.io today announced that they have entered into an agreement under which Digital Asset will acquire San Francisco-based Blockstack, a firm that offers a “blockchain-as-a-service” to enable financial institutions to develop applications on a private blockchain.
Blockstack’s technology is available in beta today and offers a hosted platform for financial institutions to develop blockchain-based applications using application programming interfaces (APIs) and software development kits (SDKs).
The firm’s underlying platform leverages both open-source and proprietary technologies to create a private blockchain that is used by a group of known participants.
Blockstack’s customizable solutions include multi-signature security and the ability to plug in external components.
“Blockstack is building powerful blockchain application development tools and Digital Asset is the best platform to deliver these as part of a comprehensive client solution,” said Miron Cuperman, CTO and founder of Blockstack.
Blockstack was a “Best of Show” winner of FinovateFall 2015, a two-day conference showcasing more than seventy cutting-edge financial technology companies.
The two companies will integrate their product offerings and ensure a seamless integration for clients.
“Blockstack’s solutions will enhance the existing Digital Asset technology stack and Miron, a renowned pioneer in the blockchain world, adds tremendous technical expertise to our development team,” said Blythe Masters, CEO of Digital Asset.
“Digital Asset’s technical approach is very complementary, and the combined firm will have the leadership and resources to scale its platform,” said Peter Shiau, CEO of Blockstack.
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019