Digital Asset Holdings and Blockstack.io today announced that they have entered into an agreement under which Digital Asset will acquire San Francisco-based Blockstack, a firm that offers a “blockchain-as-a-service” to enable financial institutions to develop applications on a private blockchain.
Blockstack’s technology is available in beta today and offers a hosted platform for financial institutions to develop blockchain-based applications using application programming interfaces (APIs) and software development kits (SDKs).
The firm’s underlying platform leverages both open-source and proprietary technologies to create a private blockchain that is used by a group of known participants.
Blockstack’s customizable solutions include multi-signature security and the ability to plug in external components.
“Blockstack is building powerful blockchain application development tools and Digital Asset is the best platform to deliver these as part of a comprehensive client solution,” said Miron Cuperman, CTO and founder of Blockstack.
Blockstack was a “Best of Show” winner of FinovateFall 2015, a two-day conference showcasing more than seventy cutting-edge financial technology companies.
The two companies will integrate their product offerings and ensure a seamless integration for clients.
“Blockstack’s solutions will enhance the existing Digital Asset technology stack and Miron, a renowned pioneer in the blockchain world, adds tremendous technical expertise to our development team,” said Blythe Masters, CEO of Digital Asset.
“Digital Asset’s technical approach is very complementary, and the combined firm will have the leadership and resources to scale its platform,” said Peter Shiau, CEO of Blockstack.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019