Pete Rizzo has dug deep with some great research and has written an excellent article at Coindesk on Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) who have been discussing the potential impact of blockchain technology on its domestic finance industry.
The article called Japanese Trade Ministry Exploring Blockchain Tech in Study Group can be seen here.
Rizzo got his hands on METI’s latest meeting minutes which reveal there was broad opinion among meeting participants that blockchain technology could “impact the whole financial industry”, stating:
“The impact of blockchain is huge. Its importance is similar to the emergence of Internet and Google.”
The article goes on to note those at the meeting suggested blockchain technology could reduce costs significantly for financial institutions.
Still, the meeting saw METI weigh both sides of the ongoing conversation surrounding the technology, as the potential safety concerns of such systems were also discussed.
“For example, at present concerns in reputation and money laundering remain in bitcoin trading,” the minutes read.
Though a full list of attendees is not available on METI’s website, participants in the group’s inaugural 6th October meeting included representatives from major financial firms that have already voiced interest in the emerging technology.
Read the full meeting minutes below:
- Securitize and OTCXN Team Up to Deliver Non-Custodial End-to-End Digital Security Offering Service - February 20, 2019
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019