Pete Rizzo has dug deep with some great research and has written an excellent article at Coindesk on Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) who have been discussing the potential impact of blockchain technology on its domestic finance industry.
The article called Japanese Trade Ministry Exploring Blockchain Tech in Study Group can be seen here.
Rizzo got his hands on METI’s latest meeting minutes which reveal there was broad opinion among meeting participants that blockchain technology could “impact the whole financial industry”, stating:
“The impact of blockchain is huge. Its importance is similar to the emergence of Internet and Google.”
The article goes on to note those at the meeting suggested blockchain technology could reduce costs significantly for financial institutions.
Still, the meeting saw METI weigh both sides of the ongoing conversation surrounding the technology, as the potential safety concerns of such systems were also discussed.
“For example, at present concerns in reputation and money laundering remain in bitcoin trading,” the minutes read.
Though a full list of attendees is not available on METI’s website, participants in the group’s inaugural 6th October meeting included representatives from major financial firms that have already voiced interest in the emerging technology.
Read the full meeting minutes below:
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomi Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019