International blockchain payment platform GoCoin and mobile wallet, eCommerce loyalty and credit card processing company Ziftr today announced the completion of their merger agreement, creating a new fintech leader in payment and loyalty innovations.
The combined company – known as GoCoin going forward – will offer merchants a unified checkout system that processes digital currency and credit card transactions in compliance with PCI security standards. GoCoin will also offer a hybrid wallet giving consumers the choice of paying with VISA, Mastercard, Blockchain currencies or loyalty coupons and points.
GoCoin recently crossed two major thresholds; in just under two years, the company processed its one millionth Blockchain payment and achieved its first cash flow positive month.
“In the second half of 2015, we saw 40% month-over-month top-line growth,” said GoCoin co-founder and CEO Steve Beauregard. “Combining with Ziftr positions GoCoin to drive revenues through profitable merchant services beyond digital currency payment processing.”
Now that the merger is complete, the combined company will focus on integrating Ziftr’s credit card processing capabilities, mobile wallet and customer loyalty program into GoCoin’s blockchain payment platform and rolling it out to GoCoin’s current merchant base of 12,000+.
“By adding Ziftr’s technology to GoCoin’s existing payment platform, we’re providing merchants with a highly secure solution that allows them to accept digital currency and credit cards at a low rate and incentivize their customers with a rewards system based on blockchain technology,” said Bob Wilkins, CEO of Ziftr. “Consumers, on the other hand, will be able to store their payment methods in our mobile wallet for anytime access, and then view these payment methods all in one place once they’re ready to make a transaction.”
“We’re excited to bring to the financial technology market the first full-featured platform that truly has what it takes to bring digital currency into the mainstream,” said Wilkins.
GoCoin is one of the three major blockchain payment processors and the only one processing Litecoin, Dogecoin, Tether and new experimental coins in addition to Bitcoin. With 12,000+ merchants, 90,000+ monthly blockchain transactions and a healthy pipeline of 150+ signups per week, GoCoin has attracted marquee brands like PayPal, RE/MAX UK, Shopify, and CheapAir. Based in Los Angeles, GoCoin has gained recent traction with entertainment companies such as LIONSGATE Films and MovieTickets.com.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019