Gabriella Mulligan from Disrupt Africa has announced that registration is now open for the second Blockchain and Bitcoin Africa Conference, with startups encouraged to attend and explore the opportunities posed by Blockchain technology in Africa.
Speaking to Mulligan, conference co-host Theo Sauls said startups in Africa should attend the event to explore the opportunities posed by Blockchain technology across the spread of industries.
“Blockchain technology offers tremendous opportunities for young startups in Africa to solve many of Africa’s problems, such as inefficient banking systems and expensive remittance services,” Sauls said.
“The financial industry is set to be completely disrupted by the secure and low transaction costs that blockchain technology offers. Startups all over the world are innovating at a rapid pace in this industry and traditional institutions are not able to keep up with this disruptive technology,” he said.
“There are opportunities not only in the financial industry but in farming, legal, and retail.”
During the conference, industry experts from around the world will share their views and experience of the opportunities and challenges facing digital currencies such as bitcoin and Blockchain technology; as well as their impact on the current social, economic and political order.
A number of pan-African countries will also be represented, including Botswana, Kenya, Ghana and Zimbabwe.
Tickets are available here.
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019