Leading Bitcoin media and events company CoinDesk has been acquired by Barry Silbert’s Digital Currency Group. According to Reuters, the editorial and business teams at CoinDesk will merge with DCG’s new events platform, doubling its size and forming a new New York-based subsidiary focused on providing news coverage, research, and events.
CoinDesk also unveiled its plans to produce Consensus 2016, its second annual blockchain technology conference, at the New York Marriott Marquis on May 2-4, 2016.
CoinDesk is the newest addition to the DCG group of companies, which includes Genesis Global Trading, an institutional-focused digital currency trading desk, and Grayscale Investments, an asset manager that manages the Bitcoin Investment Trust (Symbol: GBTC).
“We are excited to join the DCG family of companies,” said CoinDesk CEO, Jeremy Bonney. “As the information needs of the blockchain ecosystem grow, CoinDesk will gain the resources and colleagues it needs to better serve readers with the high-quality, independent journalism readers have come to expect.”
CoinDesk is the main source of Bitcoin and blockchain news and analysis, as well as providing its commonly cited Bitcoin Price Index and other data tools.
Barry Silbert, founder and CEO of Digital Currency Group, said:
“It has been impressive to watch CoinDesk’s evolution over the past two and a half years, and we are committed to investing in new products and people that will further enhance the CoinDesk and Consensus brands.”
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020