The Chamber of Digital Commerce today announced that the first D.C. Blockchain Summit (digitalchamber.org/DCSummit) will take place on March 3, 2016 at Georgetown University, providing the DC community, government, technologists, finance experts, nonprofits, and students a chance to explore opportunities and challenges surrounding blockchain technology in the nation’s capital.
Headlining the conference with a keynote address will be Don Tapscott, one of the world’s leading authorities on the economic and social impact of technology. Tapscott will discuss the new generation of digital interaction emerging based on blockchain technology. His keynote will explain how blockchain technology enables secure and direct communication of value and money without a trusted intermediary to authenticate and settle transactions.
Additional speakers include: John Beccia (Circle), Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum), Jeff Garzik (Bloq), Marley Gray (Microsoft), Brian Kelly (CNBC), C. Alden Pelker (FBI), Matthew Roszak (Tally Capital), and Jason Weinstein (Steptoe & Johnson, Blockchain Alliance). Presentations and discussions will explore how blockchain technology and distributed ledgers hold the key to solving many economic problems and help create the conditions for a more prosperous world.
“We are bringing together key thought leaders from industry, technology and government in order to create a unique and focused dialogue on blockchain public policy and industry standards,” said Perianne Boring, president and founder of the Chamber of Digital Commerce.
Registration is now open for the DC Blockchain Summit, with special rates available for government employees and members of nonprofit organizations. The first 100 individuals to register will receive a copy of Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott’s new book, “Blockchain Revolution.”
For more information and to register for the conference, visit: digitalchamber.org/DCSummit
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018