The Chamber of Digital Commerce today announced that the first D.C. Blockchain Summit (digitalchamber.org/DCSummit) will take place on March 3, 2016 at Georgetown University, providing the DC community, government, technologists, finance experts, nonprofits, and students a chance to explore opportunities and challenges surrounding blockchain technology in the nation’s capital.
Headlining the conference with a keynote address will be Don Tapscott, one of the world’s leading authorities on the economic and social impact of technology. Tapscott will discuss the new generation of digital interaction emerging based on blockchain technology. His keynote will explain how blockchain technology enables secure and direct communication of value and money without a trusted intermediary to authenticate and settle transactions.
Additional speakers include: John Beccia (Circle), Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum), Jeff Garzik (Bloq), Marley Gray (Microsoft), Brian Kelly (CNBC), C. Alden Pelker (FBI), Matthew Roszak (Tally Capital), and Jason Weinstein (Steptoe & Johnson, Blockchain Alliance). Presentations and discussions will explore how blockchain technology and distributed ledgers hold the key to solving many economic problems and help create the conditions for a more prosperous world.
“We are bringing together key thought leaders from industry, technology and government in order to create a unique and focused dialogue on blockchain public policy and industry standards,” said Perianne Boring, president and founder of the Chamber of Digital Commerce.
Registration is now open for the DC Blockchain Summit, with special rates available for government employees and members of nonprofit organizations. The first 100 individuals to register will receive a copy of Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott’s new book, “Blockchain Revolution.”
For more information and to register for the conference, visit: digitalchamber.org/DCSummit
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020