The Chamber of Digital Commerce today announced that the first D.C. Blockchain Summit (digitalchamber.org/DCSummit) will take place on March 3, 2016 at Georgetown University, providing the DC community, government, technologists, finance experts, nonprofits, and students a chance to explore opportunities and challenges surrounding blockchain technology in the nation’s capital.
Headlining the conference with a keynote address will be Don Tapscott, one of the world’s leading authorities on the economic and social impact of technology. Tapscott will discuss the new generation of digital interaction emerging based on blockchain technology. His keynote will explain how blockchain technology enables secure and direct communication of value and money without a trusted intermediary to authenticate and settle transactions.
Additional speakers include: John Beccia (Circle), Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum), Jeff Garzik (Bloq), Marley Gray (Microsoft), Brian Kelly (CNBC), C. Alden Pelker (FBI), Matthew Roszak (Tally Capital), and Jason Weinstein (Steptoe & Johnson, Blockchain Alliance). Presentations and discussions will explore how blockchain technology and distributed ledgers hold the key to solving many economic problems and help create the conditions for a more prosperous world.
“We are bringing together key thought leaders from industry, technology and government in order to create a unique and focused dialogue on blockchain public policy and industry standards,” said Perianne Boring, president and founder of the Chamber of Digital Commerce.
Registration is now open for the DC Blockchain Summit, with special rates available for government employees and members of nonprofit organizations. The first 100 individuals to register will receive a copy of Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott’s new book, “Blockchain Revolution.”
For more information and to register for the conference, visit: digitalchamber.org/DCSummit
- Block Lattice Architecture Or Blockchain? DLT or DAG? Europeans Rally on GDPR-Compliant, Open Source, Cross-Border Framework for Phone Application Development - April 9, 2020
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020