The Chamber of Digital Commerce today announced that the first D.C. Blockchain Summit (digitalchamber.org/DCSummit) will take place on March 3, 2016 at Georgetown University, providing the DC community, government, technologists, finance experts, nonprofits, and students a chance to explore opportunities and challenges surrounding blockchain technology in the nation’s capital.
Headlining the conference with a keynote address will be Don Tapscott, one of the world’s leading authorities on the economic and social impact of technology. Tapscott will discuss the new generation of digital interaction emerging based on blockchain technology. His keynote will explain how blockchain technology enables secure and direct communication of value and money without a trusted intermediary to authenticate and settle transactions.
Additional speakers include: John Beccia (Circle), Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum), Jeff Garzik (Bloq), Marley Gray (Microsoft), Brian Kelly (CNBC), C. Alden Pelker (FBI), Matthew Roszak (Tally Capital), and Jason Weinstein (Steptoe & Johnson, Blockchain Alliance). Presentations and discussions will explore how blockchain technology and distributed ledgers hold the key to solving many economic problems and help create the conditions for a more prosperous world.
“We are bringing together key thought leaders from industry, technology and government in order to create a unique and focused dialogue on blockchain public policy and industry standards,” said Perianne Boring, president and founder of the Chamber of Digital Commerce.
Registration is now open for the DC Blockchain Summit, with special rates available for government employees and members of nonprofit organizations. The first 100 individuals to register will receive a copy of Don Tapscott and Alex Tapscott’s new book, “Blockchain Revolution.”
For more information and to register for the conference, visit: digitalchamber.org/DCSummit
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019