Venture capital firm Blockchain Capital (www.blockchain.capital) today announced the final closing of its second fund with over $13 million in committed capital surpassing its fundraising target of $10 million. With commitments totaling over $15 million since the firm’s inception in 2013, Blockchain Capital is an industry pioneer and leader in financing Blockchain technology companies and the Bitcoin ecosystem.
Blockchain Capital’s initial fund with 30 portfolio companies was the first venture fund dedicated to investing in the sector. The first fund also pioneered accepting capital calls in bitcoin and funding portfolio companies in bitcoin. Blockchain Capital has been investing out of the second fund throughout 2015 and has already invested in 23 Blockchain technology companies.
“We are excited to announce the closing of our second fund so that we can continue to support world-class entrepreneurs who are leveraging Blockchain technology to disrupt legacy industries and create new products and services around the globe,” said Co-Founder and Managing Partner Brad Stephens.
Blockchain Capital also announced that its successful Blockchain Capital AngelList syndicate has partnered with Gil Penchina’s Flight.vc to form the Blockchain Capital @ Flight.vc syndicate. This combined syndicate is now the largest and most active syndicate focused on Blockchain and Bitcoin start up investment opportunities. The Blockchain Capital @ Flight.vc has cumulatively invested in 7 companies raising over $2 million dollars to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses.
“Equity crowdfunding is a disruptive innovation in financial services that democratizes and decentralizes venture capital. As an early adopter of platforms like AngelList, we are thrilled to combine forces with Gil Penchina who is the leading investor on AngelList,” said Co-Founder and Managing Partner Brock Pierce.
“The pace of innovation we are seeing in Fintech, in general, and Blockchain technology in particular, is staggering. We are profoundly grateful for the support from our limited partners who are CEOs, family offices, technology executives, hedge fund managers, entrepreneurs and other venture capitalists. Sophisticated investors appreciate that this industry is complex and moving quickly, that specialization is important. They value our focus, deal flow, expertise and unparalleled network of advisors,” said Bart Stephens, Co-Founder and Managing Partner.
In conjunction with the closing of the fund and launch of the expanded AngelList syndicate, Blockchain Capital announced the appointment of Advisory Board members representing expertise in technology, financial services, entrepreneurship, legal services and regulatory issues:
- Alison Davis (Chairman) — Former CFO of Barclays Global Investors; Director Royal Bank of Scotland; Director Fiserv; Director Diamond Foods; (fmr) Director Xoom and First Data Corp.
- Terry Schwakopf — Senior Advisor at Deloitte; (fmr) EVP Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, banking supervision
- John Wolpert — Global Blockchain Offering Director, IBM
- Bobby Lee — CEO, BTCC; Director Bitcoin Foundation
- Mary Cranston — Director, Visa; (fmr) Chairman & CEO Pillsbury Winthrop
- Simon McNamara — CAO, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Niccolo De Masi — CEO, Glu Mobile
- Michael McAdam — CFO, Union Bank (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group)
- Vinny Lingham — CEO, Gyft (acquired by First Data)
- Charlie Lee — Founder, Litecoin; Director of Engineering, Coinbase
- Chris Pallotta — Partner, Raptor Capital; Advisor, MIT Media Lab
- Will O’Brien — Co-Founder, BitGo
- Matt Ocko — Partner, Data Collective
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
- Shanghai Blockchain Week Returns for Fifth Consecutive Year to Discuss the Next Decade of the Blockchain Industry - September 3, 2019
- ICO that Raised $37M in 18 minutes – Monetha – Passes Legal Audit on White Paper Commitments with Flying Colours - September 2, 2019