Wirex Limited has announced the launch of Wirex, the world’s first hybrid personal banking solution that combines the benefits of blockchain technology with users’ everyday finances, in a way that is both accessible and easy for the general public to use.
Wirex is the first service of its kind to provide bankless financial services, and it is designed to close the gap between digital and traditional currencies for everyday financial transactions.
Evolving to fill the needs of the global citizen, Wirex will offer 3 main services: convenient mobile banking via the Wirex app, instant remittance services, and upgraded 2-way debit cards that allow on-demand conversion between bitcoin and traditional currencies.
Wirex app – The Wirex App offers users a mobile platform to perform convenient and secure 24/7 financial transactions. Linked to your Wirex account, the app utilises security features from BitGo. All funds are protected by XL Group, one of the largest insurance service providers in the world.
Instant remittance service – Wirex uses blockchain technology to significantly improve current cross-border remittance technology. Money transfers can be made instantly and securely, without cross-border fees. (Exchange rates apply.) Users can also integrate individual Wirex accounts with PayPal, Amazon, and Skrill, for wider financial applicability.
2-way debit cards – Bitcoin price volatility has been a challenge for Bitcoin debit card users. In order to address this problem, Wirex offers the world’s first 2-way bitcoin debit card. Users may convert bitcoin into traditional currencies (USD, GBP, EUR) – and vice versa – at any time, effectively ‘locking’ the rates in advance, for hassle-free everyday spending.
Through the Wirex platform, users will no longer need to go through the inconvenience of visiting physical financial institutions. Wirex debit cards are borderless and they are accepted at millions of shops and ATMs around the world. The services are available to customers in more than 130 countries.
Previously, Wirex Limited was the company behind the successful bitcoin debit card provider E-Coin. E-Coin gained 100,000 users within one year, and processed more than $2 million in monthly transactions.
Wirex will be available in March 2016. For earlier access, updates, and promotions, Wirex invites members of the public to sign up on the waiting list.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019