BlockApps, a leading provider of Ethereum blockchain enterprise software, successfully launches STRATO on OpenShift, Red Hat’s award-winning container application platform.
At its core, blockchain is a next-generation database technology that has the potential to revolutionize how business, social and political software systems are built. By enabling stakeholders to maintain a local copy of the database, blockchain helps to prevent improper tampering with data and processes. Stakeholders with differing, even conflicting motivations, can use the same business processes embedded in smart contracts on the blockchain and be confident that processing is proceeding as it should.
The STRATO offering is a single-node blockchain instance, which acts as a developer sandbox for testing Ethereum blockchain applications, as well as a STRATO RESTful API for connecting applications to private, semi-private (consortium) and public Ethereum blockchains. Combined with Bloc, the web application software development kit which supports all the core features of the Ethereum Solidity smart contract language, developers can have blockchain applications up and running in minutes. STRATO also offers adjustable consensus formation algorithms and transaction verification rules such as instant, round-robin signature pool, proof of work, and proof of stake.
OpenShift by Red Hat is a container-based application platform that enables developers to more quickly develop, host, and scale applications in a cloud environment. OpenShift’s elastic, multi-language Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) architecture automates the provisioning, management and scaling of applications, so developers can focus on writing the application code for their business, startup or next big idea. OpenShift’s support for multiple languages and frameworks, databases and development tools, offer a lower barrier to entry, so developers can start their project with ease and start coding faster, using the languages and tools they already know and prefer.
Jim Hormuzdiar, CTO of BlockApps relayed:
“OpenShift is a dynamic environment that enterprise clientele operate within. The collaboration was a logical direction and BlockApps is incredibly excited to work with Red Hat as the first blockchain provider on the OpenShift platform.”
Ashesh Badani, vice president and general manager of OpenShift at Red Hat noted:
“Red Hat is excited to team up with BlockApps to give OpenShift users who are innovating with various blockchain technologies a blockchain-as-a-service offering with OpenShift and STRATO. Through BlockApps STRATO on OpenShift, developers will have access to tools and applications so they can more quickly develop and take advantage of the power of blockchain apps.”
Joseph Lubin, Founder of ConsenSys, BlockApps’ seed investor / parent company / incubator / solutions partner said:
“We are very excited to be able to place our state-of-the-art blockchain implementation and associated developer tools on the OpenShift platform. Red Hat corporate customers can now experiment with and scalably deploy their own private enterprise, or private consortium blockchains on Red Hat’s award-winning platform.”
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019