Social tipping industry leader ChangeTip has recently announced ChangeTip Wallet, an exciting addition to their suite of tools that make Bitcoin, the most popular digital technology, easy and convenient to use. The Silicon-Valley company boasts an impressive lineup of respected investors, including Gil Penchina, Pantera Capital, and 500 Startups, and has raised over $3.5 million in funding to pursue micropayments and Bitcoin technology.
ChangeTip Wallet users enjoy the convenience of ChangeTip’s social media integrations to instantly send money to friends, family, and even people users don’t know personally. The cross-section of social media and finance gives users an easy way to transact online. The ability to send payments over social media without requiring complex payment information is a huge benefit of usingChangeTip. Powered by Bitcoin, ChangeTip is used to express appreciation,unlock ad-free content,deliver delightful well-wishes, repay small debts, reward excellent content, and also introduce others to Bitcoin. However, many Bitcoin users in the ChangeTip community have been asking for the platforms’ decentralization and it is for this reason that the company is now offering a decentralized ChangeTip product, which allows users to manage their own private keys and to more fully experience the many benefits that bitcoin offers. The product is currently in closed beta and will be available by invitation only. Interested parties can join the list by entering their e-mail address here.
ChangeTip Wallet is a decentralized version of the popular, centralized product,ChangeTip. ChangeTip’s social media integrations make the service the easiest and most convenient way to move money on the Internet. Unlike users of ChangeTip, Users of ChangeTip Wallet will hold their own private keys, and be able to initiate and approve payments using a web and mobile app. Users of ChangeTip Wallet will enjoy more financial freedom as compared to ChangeTip, as account sizes, transaction amounts and user locations are unrestricted and unlimited. Unlike ChangeTip, users from any place can use the service and send any amount they wish.
“We’re really excited to launch something that’s pure bitcoin,” said Nick Sullivan, Founder and CEO of ChangeCoin. “Many in our community like ChangeTip, but shy away from the service because it’s centralized. We talked for a while about creating this product, and ultimately, we decided it was something we really wanted to build.”
ChangeTip Wallet is offered to the community as a product for the community to use, and will be used as a way to display the incredible benefits of Bitcoin technology to people unfamiliar with the system. The company’s main goal is to introduce a product that fills a need in the ecosystem, that is useful, fun and easy to use, that keeps partnerships in mind by allowing others in the industry to leverage and integrate with the technology, and that incorporates thoughtful feedback from the community into its development as a product and service. The purpose of the product is to introduce people to Bitcoin.
ChangeCoin has been exploring the feasibility of launching on a Lightning Network payment channel or a sidechain, and will continue to explore and experiment with emerging technology. Given the benefits of remaining on-chain and the positive developments in the Bitcoin industry, the timing is right to build a decentralized platform, empowering users to hold and manage their own funds.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019