Social tipping industry leader ChangeTip has recently announced ChangeTip Wallet, an exciting addition to their suite of tools that make Bitcoin, the most popular digital technology, easy and convenient to use. The Silicon-Valley company boasts an impressive lineup of respected investors, including Gil Penchina, Pantera Capital, and 500 Startups, and has raised over $3.5 million in funding to pursue micropayments and Bitcoin technology.
ChangeTip Wallet users enjoy the convenience of ChangeTip’s social media integrations to instantly send money to friends, family, and even people users don’t know personally. The cross-section of social media and finance gives users an easy way to transact online. The ability to send payments over social media without requiring complex payment information is a huge benefit of usingChangeTip. Powered by Bitcoin, ChangeTip is used to express appreciation,unlock ad-free content,deliver delightful well-wishes, repay small debts, reward excellent content, and also introduce others to Bitcoin. However, many Bitcoin users in the ChangeTip community have been asking for the platforms’ decentralization and it is for this reason that the company is now offering a decentralized ChangeTip product, which allows users to manage their own private keys and to more fully experience the many benefits that bitcoin offers. The product is currently in closed beta and will be available by invitation only. Interested parties can join the list by entering their e-mail address here.
ChangeTip Wallet is a decentralized version of the popular, centralized product,ChangeTip. ChangeTip’s social media integrations make the service the easiest and most convenient way to move money on the Internet. Unlike users of ChangeTip, Users of ChangeTip Wallet will hold their own private keys, and be able to initiate and approve payments using a web and mobile app. Users of ChangeTip Wallet will enjoy more financial freedom as compared to ChangeTip, as account sizes, transaction amounts and user locations are unrestricted and unlimited. Unlike ChangeTip, users from any place can use the service and send any amount they wish.
“We’re really excited to launch something that’s pure bitcoin,” said Nick Sullivan, Founder and CEO of ChangeCoin. “Many in our community like ChangeTip, but shy away from the service because it’s centralized. We talked for a while about creating this product, and ultimately, we decided it was something we really wanted to build.”
ChangeTip Wallet is offered to the community as a product for the community to use, and will be used as a way to display the incredible benefits of Bitcoin technology to people unfamiliar with the system. The company’s main goal is to introduce a product that fills a need in the ecosystem, that is useful, fun and easy to use, that keeps partnerships in mind by allowing others in the industry to leverage and integrate with the technology, and that incorporates thoughtful feedback from the community into its development as a product and service. The purpose of the product is to introduce people to Bitcoin.
ChangeCoin has been exploring the feasibility of launching on a Lightning Network payment channel or a sidechain, and will continue to explore and experiment with emerging technology. Given the benefits of remaining on-chain and the positive developments in the Bitcoin industry, the timing is right to build a decentralized platform, empowering users to hold and manage their own funds.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020