Tangent90 and Ascribe have recently announced a partnership to bring Blockchain technology to the medical industry to satisfy compliance and copyright requirements and ensure full transparency for all stakeholders.
Tangent90 has partnered with ascribe to build a trust network that enables companies, and healthcare professionals to track ‘value transfers’ including digital materials, physical items and payments. There is a need for a trust network because of government and industry mandates (US Sunshine Act, EFPIA in Europe) to ensure regulatory and copyright compliance. This initiative supports patients, healthcare professionals, commercial organisations and government to be transparent and open.
“Companies want to deliver on these regulatory requirements but there is so much ambiguity and duplicated effort, costing time and money,” said Tangent90 CEO Richard Lucas.
“Transparency regulation places an administrative burden on everyone – industry, doctors and regulators – we’re going to solve it with a seamless system built on a blockchain database.”
“We’re excited to support Tangent90 to build a trust network in the medical field. If we can reduce the administrative burden while helping stakeholders to fulfill compliance requirements, it’s win-win for everyone,” said Bruce Pon, CEO of ascribe. “This is a classic use case for blockchain technologies, where you have multiple stakeholders and multiple data sources, but you want a single source of truth.”
By tracking transactions on the blockchain, records are immutable and auditable by everyone. Tangent90 will use BigchainDB, a scalable blockchain database provided by ascribe as the storehouse for transactions, data and copyrighted materials. ascribe has been a vanguard in providing a digital copyright ledger enabling copyright provenance to be established, transferred and sub-licensed.
This solution could eventually cover the estimated 20 million value transfers in the EU and US alone, such as flights, hotels, and honorarium, bringing transparency, while reducing administrative burden for everyone.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019