Tangent90 and Ascribe have recently announced a partnership to bring Blockchain technology to the medical industry to satisfy compliance and copyright requirements and ensure full transparency for all stakeholders.
Tangent90 has partnered with ascribe to build a trust network that enables companies, and healthcare professionals to track ‘value transfers’ including digital materials, physical items and payments. There is a need for a trust network because of government and industry mandates (US Sunshine Act, EFPIA in Europe) to ensure regulatory and copyright compliance. This initiative supports patients, healthcare professionals, commercial organisations and government to be transparent and open.
“Companies want to deliver on these regulatory requirements but there is so much ambiguity and duplicated effort, costing time and money,” said Tangent90 CEO Richard Lucas.
“Transparency regulation places an administrative burden on everyone – industry, doctors and regulators – we’re going to solve it with a seamless system built on a blockchain database.”
“We’re excited to support Tangent90 to build a trust network in the medical field. If we can reduce the administrative burden while helping stakeholders to fulfill compliance requirements, it’s win-win for everyone,” said Bruce Pon, CEO of ascribe. “This is a classic use case for blockchain technologies, where you have multiple stakeholders and multiple data sources, but you want a single source of truth.”
By tracking transactions on the blockchain, records are immutable and auditable by everyone. Tangent90 will use BigchainDB, a scalable blockchain database provided by ascribe as the storehouse for transactions, data and copyrighted materials. ascribe has been a vanguard in providing a digital copyright ledger enabling copyright provenance to be established, transferred and sub-licensed.
This solution could eventually cover the estimated 20 million value transfers in the EU and US alone, such as flights, hotels, and honorarium, bringing transparency, while reducing administrative burden for everyone.
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen - February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 - February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020