Overstock.com has announced at the 41st Annual International Futures Industry Conference its plan to complete the world’s first public offering using proprietary Blockchain technology. The offering will allow Overstock.com shareholders to purchase Overstock.com Blockchain or traditional preferred stock. The Blockchain preferred stock will trade and settle exclusively through the t0.com platform and its alternative trading system (ATS).
t0.com is Overstock.com’s financial technology subsidiary and the leader in developing and deploying Blockchain-based financial products to increase efficiency and transparency in capital markets.
“This is yet another historic event — the creation of a security that will trade and settle entirely on a distributed ledger,” said Patrick M. Byrne, CEO of t0.com.
“I’ve said from the beginning that blockchain technology is going to change the world of finance forever, and we’re leading that charge.”
The offering, issued pursuant to an SEC-effective registration statement, is contemplated to be limited to Overstock.com shareholders of record as of a date to be determined, and will be of up to an aggregate of 1,000,000 shares of blockchain and traditional Series A preferred stock.
Overstock.com issued the world’s first private blockchain cryptobond in June 2015, and now plans to issue the world’s first public blockchain security on the t0.com platform.
Since its initial public offering, Overstock.com has relied on Computershare for transfer agent services; Computershare will extend its global registry and transfer agent services to Overstock.com for this offering.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019