Overstock.com has announced at the 41st Annual International Futures Industry Conference its plan to complete the world’s first public offering using proprietary Blockchain technology. The offering will allow Overstock.com shareholders to purchase Overstock.com Blockchain or traditional preferred stock. The Blockchain preferred stock will trade and settle exclusively through the t0.com platform and its alternative trading system (ATS).
t0.com is Overstock.com’s financial technology subsidiary and the leader in developing and deploying Blockchain-based financial products to increase efficiency and transparency in capital markets.
“This is yet another historic event — the creation of a security that will trade and settle entirely on a distributed ledger,” said Patrick M. Byrne, CEO of t0.com.
“I’ve said from the beginning that blockchain technology is going to change the world of finance forever, and we’re leading that charge.”
The offering, issued pursuant to an SEC-effective registration statement, is contemplated to be limited to Overstock.com shareholders of record as of a date to be determined, and will be of up to an aggregate of 1,000,000 shares of blockchain and traditional Series A preferred stock.
Overstock.com issued the world’s first private blockchain cryptobond in June 2015, and now plans to issue the world’s first public blockchain security on the t0.com platform.
Since its initial public offering, Overstock.com has relied on Computershare for transfer agent services; Computershare will extend its global registry and transfer agent services to Overstock.com for this offering.
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019