CoinDesk is thrilled to announce that Deloitte, Microsoft, IBM, ConsenSys, Tierion and <“Building Blocks” Hackathon at Consensus 2016, to be held from April 30th to May 1st at the Microsoft Technology Center in Times Square.> are teaming up to sponsor the
Together, the sponsors represent the full spectrum of available blockchain tech providers, with representatives from bitcoin, Ethereum and the Hyperledger project attending to foster collaboration and innovation.
Each sponsor is making its expertise available by having their representatives act as on-site mentors for hackathon participants. Mentors will work with teams on how to rapidly deploy working prototypes by using their respective software development kits (SDKs), and later judge each team’s presentation at the conclusion of the event.
Here’s what some of our sponsors had to say about their participation:
Eric Piscini, Principal, Deloitte:
“This hackathon embodies our vision of making blockchain real. At Deloitte we are expecting innovative, disruptive yet realistic outcomes and wish all teams the very best.”
Joseph Lubin, Founder, ConsenSys:
“Consensus 2016 is one of the preeminent annual events on the blockchain calendar. We are very excited to participate both as conference presenters, and as the sponsor delivering the associated Consensus 2016 blockchain hackathon.”
Roman Mandeleil, CEO & Founder, <ether.camp>:
“The team is super excited to sponsor the Consensus hackathon and excited for our set of tools to be available for the hackers to have a better chance of winning this event.”
Jerry Cuomo, Vice President, Blockchain Technologies, IBM:
“IBM is excited to sponsor the Building Blocks Hackathon where developers will be challenged to transform existing transactional networks to deliver real business value by building blockchain-based applications. We look forward to engaging with the teams and seeing the transformative solutions they build based using Hyperledger on IBM Cloud.”
Wayne Vaughan, CEO, Tierion:
“Winning the Consensus 2015 Hackathon was a breakthrough moment for Tierion. I’m thrilled to be returning this year as a judge, and Tierion is proud to sponsor the event. Last year’s competition was intense. We can’t wait to see what participants create this year!”
CoinDesk will be accepting up to 150 applicants for the hackathon, with eligible developers split into teams of up to four contributors.
Teams will compete for a $5,000 grand prize, as well as additional awards from hackathon sponsors. The deadline to submit applications for entry is Friday, April 22nd.
Click here for more information on the full agenda and contest rules.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019