CoinDesk is thrilled to announce that Deloitte, Microsoft, IBM, ConsenSys, Tierion and <“Building Blocks” Hackathon at Consensus 2016, to be held from April 30th to May 1st at the Microsoft Technology Center in Times Square.> are teaming up to sponsor the
Together, the sponsors represent the full spectrum of available blockchain tech providers, with representatives from bitcoin, Ethereum and the Hyperledger project attending to foster collaboration and innovation.
Each sponsor is making its expertise available by having their representatives act as on-site mentors for hackathon participants. Mentors will work with teams on how to rapidly deploy working prototypes by using their respective software development kits (SDKs), and later judge each team’s presentation at the conclusion of the event.
Here’s what some of our sponsors had to say about their participation:
Eric Piscini, Principal, Deloitte:
“This hackathon embodies our vision of making blockchain real. At Deloitte we are expecting innovative, disruptive yet realistic outcomes and wish all teams the very best.”
Joseph Lubin, Founder, ConsenSys:
“Consensus 2016 is one of the preeminent annual events on the blockchain calendar. We are very excited to participate both as conference presenters, and as the sponsor delivering the associated Consensus 2016 blockchain hackathon.”
Roman Mandeleil, CEO & Founder, <ether.camp>:
“The team is super excited to sponsor the Consensus hackathon and excited for our set of tools to be available for the hackers to have a better chance of winning this event.”
Jerry Cuomo, Vice President, Blockchain Technologies, IBM:
“IBM is excited to sponsor the Building Blocks Hackathon where developers will be challenged to transform existing transactional networks to deliver real business value by building blockchain-based applications. We look forward to engaging with the teams and seeing the transformative solutions they build based using Hyperledger on IBM Cloud.”
Wayne Vaughan, CEO, Tierion:
“Winning the Consensus 2015 Hackathon was a breakthrough moment for Tierion. I’m thrilled to be returning this year as a judge, and Tierion is proud to sponsor the event. Last year’s competition was intense. We can’t wait to see what participants create this year!”
CoinDesk will be accepting up to 150 applicants for the hackathon, with eligible developers split into teams of up to four contributors.
Teams will compete for a $5,000 grand prize, as well as additional awards from hackathon sponsors. The deadline to submit applications for entry is Friday, April 22nd.
Click here for more information on the full agenda and contest rules.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019