CoinDesk is thrilled to announce that Deloitte, Microsoft, IBM, ConsenSys, Tierion and <“Building Blocks” Hackathon at Consensus 2016, to be held from April 30th to May 1st at the Microsoft Technology Center in Times Square.> are teaming up to sponsor the
Together, the sponsors represent the full spectrum of available blockchain tech providers, with representatives from bitcoin, Ethereum and the Hyperledger project attending to foster collaboration and innovation.
Each sponsor is making its expertise available by having their representatives act as on-site mentors for hackathon participants. Mentors will work with teams on how to rapidly deploy working prototypes by using their respective software development kits (SDKs), and later judge each team’s presentation at the conclusion of the event.
Here’s what some of our sponsors had to say about their participation:
Eric Piscini, Principal, Deloitte:
“This hackathon embodies our vision of making blockchain real. At Deloitte we are expecting innovative, disruptive yet realistic outcomes and wish all teams the very best.”
Joseph Lubin, Founder, ConsenSys:
“Consensus 2016 is one of the preeminent annual events on the blockchain calendar. We are very excited to participate both as conference presenters, and as the sponsor delivering the associated Consensus 2016 blockchain hackathon.”
Roman Mandeleil, CEO & Founder, <ether.camp>:
“The team is super excited to sponsor the Consensus hackathon and excited for our set of tools to be available for the hackers to have a better chance of winning this event.”
Jerry Cuomo, Vice President, Blockchain Technologies, IBM:
“IBM is excited to sponsor the Building Blocks Hackathon where developers will be challenged to transform existing transactional networks to deliver real business value by building blockchain-based applications. We look forward to engaging with the teams and seeing the transformative solutions they build based using Hyperledger on IBM Cloud.”
Wayne Vaughan, CEO, Tierion:
“Winning the Consensus 2015 Hackathon was a breakthrough moment for Tierion. I’m thrilled to be returning this year as a judge, and Tierion is proud to sponsor the event. Last year’s competition was intense. We can’t wait to see what participants create this year!”
CoinDesk will be accepting up to 150 applicants for the hackathon, with eligible developers split into teams of up to four contributors.
Teams will compete for a $5,000 grand prize, as well as additional awards from hackathon sponsors. The deadline to submit applications for entry is Friday, April 22nd.
Click here for more information on the full agenda and contest rules.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019