According to a report in the Chinese press at Sohu.com (搜狐), China has recently organised and announced a distributed ledger based coalition agreement in Beijing referred to as the ChinaLedger Union. ChinaLedger was announced on April 19 at the third Internet global financial summit by former chief engineer of the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Mr. Bai Shuo who is the director of the alliance.
Backed by the Chinese General Assembly, the establishment of the Union is the consensus of 11 sponsor units, but they have also invited Alex Baltin, UBS UK Senior Innovation Manager, Anthony Di Iorio, Chief Digital Officer Toronto Stock Exchange, Vitalik Buterin, founder of Ethereum and Bitcoin core developer Jeff Garzik as advisers.
In another article at Chinese site ChainDB.com, Mr. Bai Shuo said:
“We can not think clearly in the absence of Blockchain integration in the hastily organised international financial sector in China. We need to unite China and find consensus and find solutions in China for Blockchain technology.”
The main task for the newly formed group is to work together and research Blockchain technology in accordance with China’s policies and regulations, the unique business logic of the Chinese financial industry – so that the policies and regulations are inline with China’s national standards, business logic and traditions.
In addition, the future ChinaLedger coalition agreement states that the underlying technology of Blockchain will be open source so that all walks of life can build specific application scenarios based on this agreement.
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019