In a recent French report called La Stabilité Financière à l’ère Numérique (Financial Stability In The Digital Age) consideration is being given by the Bank of France, and the French Financial Stability Board to closely follow the development of initiatives around Blockchain technology, both in regards the possibilities that the application has to offer but with respect to the issues raised, particularly in terms of security.
The fintechs pose special challenges to regulatory authorities. Their rapid development led regulators to anticipate and develop their reflection on the most appropriate methods to guarantee the protection of customers and meet the financial stability issues. This finding a balance on the regulation of these new players in order not to stifle innovations that would carry benefits direct and indirect for the consumer (in the form of new services and reduced costs due to competition with traditional stakeholders), and more General for the economy and society ( via denew economy’s financing modes).
Such models could exchange replace the traditional operating mode clearing houses based aggregation and the centralized clearing of flows, affecting and the collateral management devices or rules for recording assets. However, off bitcoin, this technology is still very largely in the experimental stage. To confirm the development potential of a number conditions should be checked beforehand, in terms of safety, cost, ability to handle quickly large volumes of transactions, or economic interest to do without third trust for certain activities.
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018