EdgeVerve Systems, a product subsidiary of Infosys, which offers the Infosys Finacle universal banking solution suite, today introduced its EdgeVerve Blockchain Framework designed to further the adoption of Blockchain technology by the global financial services sector. The framework, introduced at the Infosys Confluence global client summit in San Francisco, has been developed to deliver value-generating solutions and technologies based on Blockchain.
“Blockchain can offer significant opportunities to modernize legacy processes, reduce costs as well as improve operational efficiency and authenticity of transaction data. At EdgeVerve, we are making significant investments in this space that includes our research facility in Ireland and important financial industry partnerships. Several of the world’s leading financial institutions are already collaborating with us to build Blockchain powered banking applications and networks,” said Andy Dey, President – Customer & Operations, EdgeVerve.
The EdgeVerve Blockchain Framework is a permissioned ledger that allows banks to rapidly deploy Blockchain-based services for varied business areas. Designed specifically for the banking sector, it can scale to the levels needed to support international, cross-border transactional business. These capabilities make applications built on this framework a viable platform to run payments and other high volume transactional banking services. Blockchain-based applications, built on this framework, can deliver increased efficiencies, transactional security and accuracy at a lower cost than the existing high-cost ledger platforms that underpin the global banking systems.
Key Highlights of the EdgeVerve Blockchain Framework include:
- Distributed ledger – The framework uses Blockchain in a distributed, permissioned environment. It is best suited for minimizing operating and per-transaction costs for financial services companies, while improving data openness and sharing, without compromising data integrity and security
- Asset agnostic – Banks can create multiple assets leveraging this framework, thereby enabling them to store and transfer a variety of transaction assets within a single network
- Highly extensible – It includes an API layer that supports extensibility and administrative tools. Banks can develop and rapidly deploy their own custom Blockchain solutions along with the framework and scale solutions to meet national and international banking demands
As a leading financial services solutions provider, offering services in 92 countries and powering over one billion banking accounts, EdgeVerve is collaborating with several of the world’s leading financial institutions to build block-chain powered banking networks, products and services levering this framework. These include areas such as payments, trade finance, invoice processing, smart contracts, digital vaults and syndicated loans, among others.
- CEO Patrick M. Byrne Resigns From Overstock Over ‘Deep State’ Comment and Affair with a Russian Spy – Stock Rises - August 22, 2019
- Telx Technologies Launches World’s First Cryptocurrency Sim Card Wallet And Phone Number - August 22, 2019
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019