EdgeVerve Systems, a product subsidiary of Infosys, which offers the Infosys Finacle universal banking solution suite, today introduced its EdgeVerve Blockchain Framework designed to further the adoption of Blockchain technology by the global financial services sector. The framework, introduced at the Infosys Confluence global client summit in San Francisco, has been developed to deliver value-generating solutions and technologies based on Blockchain.
“Blockchain can offer significant opportunities to modernize legacy processes, reduce costs as well as improve operational efficiency and authenticity of transaction data. At EdgeVerve, we are making significant investments in this space that includes our research facility in Ireland and important financial industry partnerships. Several of the world’s leading financial institutions are already collaborating with us to build Blockchain powered banking applications and networks,” said Andy Dey, President – Customer & Operations, EdgeVerve.
The EdgeVerve Blockchain Framework is a permissioned ledger that allows banks to rapidly deploy Blockchain-based services for varied business areas. Designed specifically for the banking sector, it can scale to the levels needed to support international, cross-border transactional business. These capabilities make applications built on this framework a viable platform to run payments and other high volume transactional banking services. Blockchain-based applications, built on this framework, can deliver increased efficiencies, transactional security and accuracy at a lower cost than the existing high-cost ledger platforms that underpin the global banking systems.
Key Highlights of the EdgeVerve Blockchain Framework include:
- Distributed ledger – The framework uses Blockchain in a distributed, permissioned environment. It is best suited for minimizing operating and per-transaction costs for financial services companies, while improving data openness and sharing, without compromising data integrity and security
- Asset agnostic – Banks can create multiple assets leveraging this framework, thereby enabling them to store and transfer a variety of transaction assets within a single network
- Highly extensible – It includes an API layer that supports extensibility and administrative tools. Banks can develop and rapidly deploy their own custom Blockchain solutions along with the framework and scale solutions to meet national and international banking demands
As a leading financial services solutions provider, offering services in 92 countries and powering over one billion banking accounts, EdgeVerve is collaborating with several of the world’s leading financial institutions to build block-chain powered banking networks, products and services levering this framework. These include areas such as payments, trade finance, invoice processing, smart contracts, digital vaults and syndicated loans, among others.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomi Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019