EdgeVerve Systems, a product subsidiary of Infosys, which offers the Infosys Finacle universal banking solution suite, today introduced its EdgeVerve Blockchain Framework designed to further the adoption of Blockchain technology by the global financial services sector. The framework, introduced at the Infosys Confluence global client summit in San Francisco, has been developed to deliver value-generating solutions and technologies based on Blockchain.
“Blockchain can offer significant opportunities to modernize legacy processes, reduce costs as well as improve operational efficiency and authenticity of transaction data. At EdgeVerve, we are making significant investments in this space that includes our research facility in Ireland and important financial industry partnerships. Several of the world’s leading financial institutions are already collaborating with us to build Blockchain powered banking applications and networks,” said Andy Dey, President – Customer & Operations, EdgeVerve.
The EdgeVerve Blockchain Framework is a permissioned ledger that allows banks to rapidly deploy Blockchain-based services for varied business areas. Designed specifically for the banking sector, it can scale to the levels needed to support international, cross-border transactional business. These capabilities make applications built on this framework a viable platform to run payments and other high volume transactional banking services. Blockchain-based applications, built on this framework, can deliver increased efficiencies, transactional security and accuracy at a lower cost than the existing high-cost ledger platforms that underpin the global banking systems.
Key Highlights of the EdgeVerve Blockchain Framework include:
- Distributed ledger – The framework uses Blockchain in a distributed, permissioned environment. It is best suited for minimizing operating and per-transaction costs for financial services companies, while improving data openness and sharing, without compromising data integrity and security
- Asset agnostic – Banks can create multiple assets leveraging this framework, thereby enabling them to store and transfer a variety of transaction assets within a single network
- Highly extensible – It includes an API layer that supports extensibility and administrative tools. Banks can develop and rapidly deploy their own custom Blockchain solutions along with the framework and scale solutions to meet national and international banking demands
As a leading financial services solutions provider, offering services in 92 countries and powering over one billion banking accounts, EdgeVerve is collaborating with several of the world’s leading financial institutions to build block-chain powered banking networks, products and services levering this framework. These include areas such as payments, trade finance, invoice processing, smart contracts, digital vaults and syndicated loans, among others.
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019
- Currency.com Launches Tokenised Securities Trading Platform - January 21, 2019
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018