Ping An, the second largest insurance firm in China, Ping An has joined the R3 Blockchain Consortium which was formed late last year to work on creating standards for Blockchain technology.
“The addition of Ping An is another important milestone for R3 as we develop our member network to represent the interests of banks and financial institutions operating in markets around the globe,” said R3 chief executive David Ruther.
R3 is based in New York, with locations in London and San Francisco.
On March 3, 2016, R3 announced that it had completed a trial involving 40 banks held in the last two weeks of February, testing the use of blockchain solutions offered by Eris Industries, IBM, Intel and Chain to facilitate the trading of debt instruments. This was a follow-on to an 11-bank trial conducted earlier in January which used Ethereum hosted on Microsoft Azure.
R3 has grown from nine founding members to now more than 40.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019