Nets has entered into a partnership with Fintech company Coinify by establishing a ‘Blockchain Development Lab’ in order to identify business opportunities in the field of Blockchain technology.
“We see potential in Blockchain technology, so obviously we need to gain a thorough understanding of it and the possibilities it offers. Coinify is a leader in the development of products based on this technology and we believe they are the right partner to help us investigate the possibilities of developing customer- oriented products and services based on it,”says Jan C. Plenge, Senior Vice President with responsibility for Digital innovation at Nets.
The partnership involves cooperating with internationally renowned experts in this field of technology with the intention to develop a number of proof of concepts as the basis for developing specific products and services.
Coinify ApS is the largest facilitator of Blockchain payments in Europe and supports more than 20 payment service providers reaching over 100,000 online businesses. Coinify payments support up to 17 Blockchain currencies and offer payouts to their customers in local currencies. At the same time, Coinify also provides consumer and corporate trading of digital currencies, such as bitcoin.
As such, Coinify is the leading provider of Blockchain payment services in Europe and Asia, and is among the top four worldwide in this field.
Blockchain is a decentralised technology which can be used, among other things, as documentation of direct bilateral digital transfers, or to document ownership of contracts, deeds, etc. By joining forces, Nets and Coinify seek to clarify how this technology could be applied commercially and within existing regulatory frameworks, particularly within the same high-level security requirements that Nets already applies to other value transactions.
“It is important for Nets to closely monitor new digital technologies to be aware of the possibilities, even if that means Blockchain technology could potentially challenge parts of our exising business. For many years, we have been the ones delivering the latest payment solutions to banks, and we intend to keep it that way, going forward,” Jan C. Plenge continued.
Regarding the partnership, CEO and Co-founder of Coinify Mark Højgaard commented:
“Nets is the leader when it comes to digital payments in the Nordic region and we are delighted with this new partnership, and believe that, together with Nets, we will be able to develop a number of first-class products and services that will ultimately benefit both merchants and consumers.”
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019