Nets has entered into a partnership with Fintech company Coinify by establishing a ‘Blockchain Development Lab’ in order to identify business opportunities in the field of Blockchain technology.
“We see potential in Blockchain technology, so obviously we need to gain a thorough understanding of it and the possibilities it offers. Coinify is a leader in the development of products based on this technology and we believe they are the right partner to help us investigate the possibilities of developing customer- oriented products and services based on it,”says Jan C. Plenge, Senior Vice President with responsibility for Digital innovation at Nets.
The partnership involves cooperating with internationally renowned experts in this field of technology with the intention to develop a number of proof of concepts as the basis for developing specific products and services.
Coinify ApS is the largest facilitator of Blockchain payments in Europe and supports more than 20 payment service providers reaching over 100,000 online businesses. Coinify payments support up to 17 Blockchain currencies and offer payouts to their customers in local currencies. At the same time, Coinify also provides consumer and corporate trading of digital currencies, such as bitcoin.
As such, Coinify is the leading provider of Blockchain payment services in Europe and Asia, and is among the top four worldwide in this field.
Blockchain is a decentralised technology which can be used, among other things, as documentation of direct bilateral digital transfers, or to document ownership of contracts, deeds, etc. By joining forces, Nets and Coinify seek to clarify how this technology could be applied commercially and within existing regulatory frameworks, particularly within the same high-level security requirements that Nets already applies to other value transactions.
“It is important for Nets to closely monitor new digital technologies to be aware of the possibilities, even if that means Blockchain technology could potentially challenge parts of our exising business. For many years, we have been the ones delivering the latest payment solutions to banks, and we intend to keep it that way, going forward,” Jan C. Plenge continued.
Regarding the partnership, CEO and Co-founder of Coinify Mark Højgaard commented:
“Nets is the leader when it comes to digital payments in the Nordic region and we are delighted with this new partnership, and believe that, together with Nets, we will be able to develop a number of first-class products and services that will ultimately benefit both merchants and consumers.”
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019