The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance (WSBA) has announced the launch of two new Working Committees, Regulatory & Compliance, and Economic Inclusion, each chaired by noted industry experts.
“These new Working Committees are the direct result of growing member involvement in the many important aspects of blockchain technology across financial markets and beyond. Having such highly qualified committee chairs as Amal and Ashish to further the WSBA mission is invaluable, and we look forward to working with them going forward,” noted Ron Quaranta, Chairman of the WSBA.
The Regulatory & Compliance Working Committee will be chaired by Ms. Amal Aly. Amal currently holds the role of Director of Financial Services Regulatory Risk Advisory at PwC, and has a long history in the financial markets regulation space, including as former Associate General Counsel for Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA).
“It’s my great pleasure to participate on the WSBA Regulatory and Compliance Committee. Just as distributed ledger technology continues to evolve, so will the compliance and regulatory landscape in which it will operate. I look to participating in that very important dialogue.”
The Economic Inclusion Working Committee will be chaired by Mr. Ashish Gadnis, current CEO of BanQu, a social impact fintech company, with a focus on economic identity as a means of aiding the unbanked and underbanked around the world. Ashish has deep knowledge about the challenges of global economic inclusion, as well as expertise in the challenging area of fintech startups.
“I’m thrilled and humbled to be on this very important committee. As blockchain technology continues to evolve, it is absolutely critical that its applications enable economic empowerment and access to a better life for refugees, people living in extreme poverty and overall gender equality globally. I hope to bring these voices to WSBA,” said Gadnis.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019