A few months ago, SatoshiPay launched their first public BETA by releasing a WordPress plugin and got some great feedback from around the globe, and are now making their technology available to every website, no matter what back-end it runs on.
Meinhard Benn, founder of SatoshiPay recently posted at Medium.
We are doing this by opening up our API to third parties (see press release). Read about how our system works and how it can be integrated in the API documentation. Using our API, developers of content management systems can write their own plugins and publishers can integrate nanopayments into their own bespoke back-end. With a bit of playing around, HTML coding folks can even sell content on static websites.
Throw these two tags into any website and you are selling a text snippet, with a price of less than a cent:<p class="satoshipay-placeholder" data-sp-type="text/html" data-sp-src="http://demo.satoshipay.xyz/paid/1" data-sp-id="574b6b1ae1d218110047c04e" data-sp-length="1500" data-sp-price="1000"> </p><script src="https://wallet.satoshipay.io/satoshipay.js"></script>
SatoshiPay’s technology enables content publishers to facilitate nanopayments, generating new revenue streams by allowing monetisation on a nano-scale.
The API enables the company to support any digital implementation, a significant improvement over its previous release, which only supported WordPress websites, this means SatoshiPay can now be used on 100% of the web, whereas it only supported 26% previously.
The API will enable developers to utilise SatoshiPay’s technology in any digital or internet connected product.
“We have been delighted by the response we’ve received from the developer community and we’re excited to announce the API. Our mission is to enable developers to use SatoshiPay for any kind of digital product or service they want to implement nanopayments into. We believe this will enable us to significantly scale our reach as developers can use our system in any way they can dream. We will continue to add features frequently to support our growing ecosystem of developers and partners”.
With the introduction of their API, SatoshiPay positions itself as a payment infrastructure provider; enabling apps and services to be built on top of their platform. The API makes SatoshiPay’s technology accessible to the millions of developers who build apps and software, as well as enterprises looking for a more flexible means to implement bitcoin technology into their current frameworks.
“Developer and enterprise interest in SatoshiPay has been tremendous and this is the next step in our evolution” said Benn.
SatoshiPay will build exposure of its API through partnerships, conferences, developer networks and hackathons.
SatoshiPay is headquartered in London with development lead through its office in Berlin. Angel funding for SatoshiPay Ltd was supplied by Axel Springer Plug & Play and Henning Peters, seed funding was raised through publicly listed companies Coinsilium Group (ISDX:COIN) and FastForward Innovations (LON:FFWD). Development of SatoshiPay’s nanopayment product started in April 2015 and its beta version was released in February 2016.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019