PwC has announced it is launching a Long Finance research project into the potential of Blockchain technology in wholesale insurance. The proposed study will be a collaborative exercise working with the Long Finance community.
PwC and Z/Yen will bring together a range of wholesale brokers, insurers and re-insurers to create a common view of the potential benefits that Blockchain could bring. They will conduct a global survey of the industry and interview leading thinkers around the world. The team will identify priority business ‘use cases’ and develop a roadmap for future developments.
The study will be used to assess current thinking and explore the potential for‘mutual’ or consortium research into taxonomies and standards for the insurance industry. The research and a working Proof of Concept prototypes will be launched in July.
As sponsor of the study PwC will work with Z/Yen to co-develop the report and will utilise its newly established Blockchain research laboratory in Belfast to develop the prototype proof of concept technology.
PwC partner Steve Webb, who leads the UK’s financial services Blockchain practice, said:
“With a new technology like Blockchain it’s fundamental that you work in an agile way to prove that the technologies not only work, but provide the right solutions to specific business problems. Businesses need to build, learn from mistakes refine and improve. PwC’s Belfast laboratory team are experts in this way of working and, by working alongside PwC insurance experts and the Z/Yen team, we are confident and excited that we will be able to unveil a working prototype alongside the written report.”
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019