According to a notice published in the Federal Register, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is soliciting research papers related to Blockchain applications in healthcare and health research.
The notice states:
“The paper should discuss the cryptography and underlying fundamentals of Blockchain technology, examine how the use of Blockchain can advance industry interoperability needs, expressed in the Nationwide Interoperability Roadmap, patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR), precision medicine, and other health care delivery needs, as well as provide recommendations for Blockchain’s implementation.”
The “Use of Blockchain in Health IT and Health-related Research” Ideation Challenge solicits white papers on the topic of Blockchain Technology and the potential use in Health IT to address privacy, security, and scalability challenges of managing electronic health record and resources.
This challenge is a call for designers, developers, investigators, and patient privacy experts and others to submit White Papers on the topic of “Blockchain Technology and the Potential for Its Use in Health IT and/or Healthcare Related Research Data.”
Up to 15 winners will be awarded a cash prize and up to 8 winners may be invited to present their papers at an upcoming industry-wide workshop co-hosted with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), September 26-27, 2016, at the NIST headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD.
- 12-15 white papers will be awarded a cash prize in the range of $1,500 – $5,000
- Up to 8 winners may be given the opportunity to present their paper at a Blockchain & Healthcare Workshop Hosted at NIST
- Inclusion of the white papers in the Blockchain workshop proceedings.
An informational webinar will be held on Wednesday, July 20, 2016, from 4:00 to 5:00 pm. Register here for the webinar.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020