Copyright is one of the most important parts of the world economy. It protects all creative works. Art, photos, songs, videos, literature, architecture and even computer software. In the U.S. alone it is responsible for over $1.126 trillion dollars in revenue per year, according to Blockai CEO and Co-Founder Nathan Lands.
It is crazy to think that with all the web has to offer, there is no simple way to identify the copyright for files on the web. No way to respect the creators or determine how to pay a license or royalty. No way for you to know when your copyright was violated.
We think it’s time for a technology company that helps protect artists and their copyrights. To bring copyright into the digital age.
That’s why we built Blockai, a tool for you to manage and protect your copyrights. We search the web for you and find where your images are used, usually without your knowledge or consent. We then give you ways to protect yourself.
How it works
When you register a copyright on Blockai, they write a permanent timestamp on the bitcoin Blockchain to protect you with proof of publishing. Giving you better ammunition to send cease and desist letters or DMCA notices which make websites have to remove your work or be legally liable.
Blockai’s goal is to democratize copyright. That means making it available to people of all means, not just major corporations. In that vein, registering your copyright with Blockai will remain free forever.
They then search the web and identify matches for your copyright. Over time, they will get smarter and smarter about how we do this and support more file types by using deep learning and AI and will also give you actions to take against infringers.
Plus, you get a user profile that shows all your copyrights and matches. This could become your trusted professional profile as an artist. Or a way for artists to join forces and take action against offenders.
For more information see Blockai here.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019