Thomson Reuters (NYSE:TRI) has enlisted its services to help advance the use of Blockchain technology in the financial services industry by joining Blockchain consortium R3. The group’s latest initiative will see it join a composite of leading financial institutions that are already working to utilize the technology that helps underpin Bitcoin into financial markets.
The use of Blockchain technology is hardly a novel concept, however its use, scope, and affinity has grown in recent months, buoyed by the support of several leading venues. The addition of Thomson Reuters to this panel of companies is also huge, namely as it will constitute the first major data and technology provider to join the R3 consortium, which presently stands at over fifty-five banks and other financial institutions.
R3 is a Blockchain technology company that helps lead a consortium of financial companies in research and development of Blockchain usage in the financial system. The group is headquartered in New York City and was originally launched in 2014 by David Rutter. The consortium has its roots in 2015, which made the adoption of Blockchain technology its primary goal.
The advent of Blockchain technology could revolutionize markets, given its unique potential to foster a shared database in a transparent manner. With even more backing from high profile companies, the group has made sizable leaps and bounds in recent months.
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019