Thomson Reuters (NYSE:TRI) has enlisted its services to help advance the use of Blockchain technology in the financial services industry by joining Blockchain consortium R3. The group’s latest initiative will see it join a composite of leading financial institutions that are already working to utilize the technology that helps underpin Bitcoin into financial markets.
The use of Blockchain technology is hardly a novel concept, however its use, scope, and affinity has grown in recent months, buoyed by the support of several leading venues. The addition of Thomson Reuters to this panel of companies is also huge, namely as it will constitute the first major data and technology provider to join the R3 consortium, which presently stands at over fifty-five banks and other financial institutions.
R3 is a Blockchain technology company that helps lead a consortium of financial companies in research and development of Blockchain usage in the financial system. The group is headquartered in New York City and was originally launched in 2014 by David Rutter. The consortium has its roots in 2015, which made the adoption of Blockchain technology its primary goal.
The advent of Blockchain technology could revolutionize markets, given its unique potential to foster a shared database in a transparent manner. With even more backing from high profile companies, the group has made sizable leaps and bounds in recent months.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019