Lisk, the multi-platform Blockchain applications platform has announced its future plans in the form of a recently released comprehensive development roadmap. The Lisk Development Roadmap offers a brief overview of various milestones the platform wants to achieve in the coming years.
Lisk has broken the complete development cycle into 5 distinct phases with each one having its own list of milestones and goals. The five phases are called:
The broad coverage areas listed in the development plan doesn’t have definite deadlines or forecast dates associated with them. The platform’s decision to forego definite timeline for the implementation of different phases or milestones is explained by Oliver Beddows, the Chief Technology Officer at Lisk. Oliver said:
“The given plans are intended to be long-term, and we estimate that they will take at least a few years. Due to the dynamic nature of software development, we don’t want to forecast any dates or deadlines from now. It should also be noted, milestones within a phase might be worked on in parallel, and once we establish development speed through a constant release cycle, we will be in the position to give more accurate timelines.”
Lisk is currently in its Inception phase where the main aim of the team is to create a stable and robust platform along with basic development tools. After the completion of the Inception phase, the platform is ready to develop Blockchain applications.
“Resilience is definitely the biggest phase of all, with a total of six major milestones, and is intended to set Lisk apart from any other cryptocurrency on the market,” said the CEO and founder Max Kordek.
“Once the platform is standardized, Expansion phase will take over to give it a final shape. It will include support for smart contracts and third party technologies to the already robust Lisk Blockchain platform along with additional features. Third party technology support will make Lisk platform-agnostic by allowing developers to bridge different Blockchain and other conventional technologies with it.”
“Ascent phase will officially make Lisk enterprise ready. To support enterprise and financial applications, the platform will undergo further optimization with upgraded security and scalability features. In this phase, Lisk will introduce truly trust-less Blockchain applications. Ascent will be followed by Eternity where the main focus will be on governance. This phase will see decentralized voting mechanism introduced to the platform, encouraging active involvement of the LiskCommunity in the activities of the ecosystem.”
The current development roadmap is not the final one. The Lisk team will continue to include new features and make few modifications to enable the platform reach its goals faster.
Learn more about Lisk at – https://lisk.io
Find out more about Lisk Development Roadmap here – https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-development-roadmap-5afc4cd0612e
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019