Japanese Blockchain company Soramitsu has just announced today the open sourcing and proposal of a distributed ledger technology (Blockchain) platform called “Iroha” to the Hyperledger Project, an open source Linux Foundation collaborative project for the enhancement of Blockchain and distributed ledger technology.
Soramitsu made the proposal of Iroha to Hyperledger from Geneva, today, on September 26, 2016, and the proposal is jointly sponsored by leading Japanese technology firms, including NTT DATA Corporation (14.6 billion USD (2016).
Soramitsu is a Japanese fintech startup, focusing primarily on creating a digital identity platform using Blockchain technology, and is a member of the Hyperledger project. Soramitsu has commenced development of derivative insurance contracts using Blockchain technology, such as weather derivatives, together with Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Holdings, Inc., a leading insurance company.
Soramitsu also has created a joint research project with The University of Tokyo, The University of Aizu, and the Center for Global Communications (GLOCOM) of the International University of Japan, to study the economics of local currencies and their effects on regional development in the area around Aizu, in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan, and will include experiments using local currencies running on Iroha.
In addition, Soramitsu and Rakuten Securities, Inc., have announced that they are working together to develop a KYC  system using Blockchain technology.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomi Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019