Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan said that the strategy behind the newly announced Dubai Blockchain Strategy aims to facilitate people’s lives and business, where users will have only to enter his personal data and business data, which will be accessible by all government entities, banks, and insurance firms among others.
“We have directed Dubai Future Foundation to oversee the strategy and to benefit from the expertise it accumulated through the initiatives of the Global Blockchain Council. We have also directed Dubai Smart City Office to be the executive arm for this new strategy,” His Highness said.
He also stressed the importance of public-private partnership to achieve the objectives of this strategy. His Highness also praised the partnership between Dubai Future Foundation and Dubai Smart City Office which resulted in this value added strategy.
The Blockchain strategy has three main objectives including: Government Efficiency, Create new specialized sectors and achieve global leadership.
Sheikh Hamdan added that the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, and his innovative visionary to invest in the future has further boosted Dubai’s global leading position in term of digital transformation expertise.
Sheikh Hamdan said that Dubai has contributed over the last two years in shaping the future of Smart Cities, through increasing efficiency, saving time, cost and efforts for all government services, either for individuals or business, which mainly aims to make people happy and build future.
His Highness made these remarks when he was launching Dubai Blockchain Strategy, the database technology behind crypto currency bitcoin, for all government documents by 2020, as Dubai has sought to position itself at the forefront of the technology, and became the first government to introduce this technology in the world.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019