Kuperman LLC, a corporate development advisory firm recently released a study regarding Blockchain technology startups in New York City. Blockchain, known as the underlying technology that powers Bitcoin is used by a growing number of companies for different purposes. The study found that so far in 2016 more than $80 million was invested in Blockchain startups operating in New York City; none of these investments were Bitcoin related.
Guy Kuperman, CEO and founder of Kuperman LLC states:
“Seventy percent of the Blockchain startups operating today in New-York are not BitCoin related,” he said. “Startups developing middleware platforms to application development seem to be gaining the fastest momentum. By far, startups in this category have been able to get the most investment in 2016.”
Since the beginning of 2016, the increase in investments have been generated mainly by non-bitcoin startups in three key categories – middleware, clearing house and payments.
New York-based Blockchain companies operate in six additional categories including compliance and security, certification and authentication, banking, digital id
entity, Internet of Things, and smart contracts.
The study included the review of over 100 companies with only a few dozen making it to the final short list of relevant startups based on the criteria.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019