Kuperman LLC, a corporate development advisory firm recently released a study regarding Blockchain technology startups in New York City. Blockchain, known as the underlying technology that powers Bitcoin is used by a growing number of companies for different purposes. The study found that so far in 2016 more than $80 million was invested in Blockchain startups operating in New York City; none of these investments were Bitcoin related.
Guy Kuperman, CEO and founder of Kuperman LLC states:
“Seventy percent of the Blockchain startups operating today in New-York are not BitCoin related,” he said. “Startups developing middleware platforms to application development seem to be gaining the fastest momentum. By far, startups in this category have been able to get the most investment in 2016.”
Since the beginning of 2016, the increase in investments have been generated mainly by non-bitcoin startups in three key categories – middleware, clearing house and payments.
New York-based Blockchain companies operate in six additional categories including compliance and security, certification and authentication, banking, digital id
entity, Internet of Things, and smart contracts.
The study included the review of over 100 companies with only a few dozen making it to the final short list of relevant startups based on the criteria.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019