Renowned music industry digital specialist Barney Wragg has announced the launch of a unique new band name registration service for artists.
Bandnamevault.com uses Blockchain technology to help musicians protect their band, DJ, or stage name without spending thousands of dollars to register a trademark.
Using a customized search engine that draws data from multiple major music services and databases artists can now search potential new band names for free. Once an artist finds an available name, for $15 they can create an immutable record of that name, and critically all of their uses of that name including every gig, recording, public performance or other appearance.
All of this information is permanently linked to the Blockchain and can be independently verified at any time in the future. Following registration with Bandnamevault.com the name is usually published and verified on the Bitcoin Blockchain within 30 minutes.
The Bandnamevault.com service is built on the Bitcoin Blockchain, which supports the $10bn Bitcoin currency, a technology that ensures long term robust data registration. Bandnamevault.com utilizes innovative hash encryption technology to overcome the limited space available in the Bitcoin Blockchain and ensure that registered data is linked irevocably to the Blockchain.
This is the first truly practical and commercial use of the Blockchain specifically designed for the music industry.
Bandnamevault.com uses Tierion, a Blockchain proof engine, to record artist’s band name registrations on the Blockchain. The company has plans to build a number of additional Blockchain based services for the for the music industry, details of which will be announced in the coming months.
Barney Wragg, has held global digital strategy positions at EMI and Universal Music Group and until recently was CEO of Really Useful Group before launching his own investment and advisory company Unit 1 Ventures in July.
Barney is joined at Bandnamevault.com by Simon Watt, until recently Global Head of Technology at Universal Music Group, and Sean Hanly, CEO of Irish Ticketing company Ticketsolve.
“There has been a lot of talk and excitement about the Blockchain in the music industry but no one has to date really figured out how to practically apply it or commercialise it. Bandnamevault.com combines our own smart technology and the proven benefits of the Blockchain to solve an issue for artists that has caused conflict for as long as anyone can remember. Now artists have a simple, affordable way of identifying and securing their band, DJ or stage name, and importantly associating every event or usage with that name. All of these records will be protected for all time and can be independently verified any time in the future. This gives a full and detailed record of prior use of that name.”
Barney went on to say:
“Our team has identified several other really interesting applications for Blockchain technology in the music industry and have partnered with Tieron.com to investigate and instigate a number of groundbreaking initiatives that we hope to announce in the near future.”
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020