Renowned music industry digital specialist Barney Wragg has announced the launch of a unique new band name registration service for artists.
Bandnamevault.com uses Blockchain technology to help musicians protect their band, DJ, or stage name without spending thousands of dollars to register a trademark.
Using a customized search engine that draws data from multiple major music services and databases artists can now search potential new band names for free. Once an artist finds an available name, for $15 they can create an immutable record of that name, and critically all of their uses of that name including every gig, recording, public performance or other appearance.
All of this information is permanently linked to the Blockchain and can be independently verified at any time in the future. Following registration with Bandnamevault.com the name is usually published and verified on the Bitcoin Blockchain within 30 minutes.
The Bandnamevault.com service is built on the Bitcoin Blockchain, which supports the $10bn Bitcoin currency, a technology that ensures long term robust data registration. Bandnamevault.com utilizes innovative hash encryption technology to overcome the limited space available in the Bitcoin Blockchain and ensure that registered data is linked irevocably to the Blockchain.
This is the first truly practical and commercial use of the Blockchain specifically designed for the music industry.
Bandnamevault.com uses Tierion, a Blockchain proof engine, to record artist’s band name registrations on the Blockchain. The company has plans to build a number of additional Blockchain based services for the for the music industry, details of which will be announced in the coming months.
Barney Wragg, has held global digital strategy positions at EMI and Universal Music Group and until recently was CEO of Really Useful Group before launching his own investment and advisory company Unit 1 Ventures in July.
Barney is joined at Bandnamevault.com by Simon Watt, until recently Global Head of Technology at Universal Music Group, and Sean Hanly, CEO of Irish Ticketing company Ticketsolve.
“There has been a lot of talk and excitement about the Blockchain in the music industry but no one has to date really figured out how to practically apply it or commercialise it. Bandnamevault.com combines our own smart technology and the proven benefits of the Blockchain to solve an issue for artists that has caused conflict for as long as anyone can remember. Now artists have a simple, affordable way of identifying and securing their band, DJ or stage name, and importantly associating every event or usage with that name. All of these records will be protected for all time and can be independently verified any time in the future. This gives a full and detailed record of prior use of that name.”
Barney went on to say:
“Our team has identified several other really interesting applications for Blockchain technology in the music industry and have partnered with Tieron.com to investigate and instigate a number of groundbreaking initiatives that we hope to announce in the near future.”
- Block Lattice Architecture Or Blockchain? DLT or DAG? Europeans Rally on GDPR-Compliant, Open Source, Cross-Border Framework for Phone Application Development - April 9, 2020
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020