Renowned music industry digital specialist Barney Wragg has announced the launch of a unique new band name registration service for artists.
Bandnamevault.com uses Blockchain technology to help musicians protect their band, DJ, or stage name without spending thousands of dollars to register a trademark.
Using a customized search engine that draws data from multiple major music services and databases artists can now search potential new band names for free. Once an artist finds an available name, for $15 they can create an immutable record of that name, and critically all of their uses of that name including every gig, recording, public performance or other appearance.
All of this information is permanently linked to the Blockchain and can be independently verified at any time in the future. Following registration with Bandnamevault.com the name is usually published and verified on the Bitcoin Blockchain within 30 minutes.
The Bandnamevault.com service is built on the Bitcoin Blockchain, which supports the $10bn Bitcoin currency, a technology that ensures long term robust data registration. Bandnamevault.com utilizes innovative hash encryption technology to overcome the limited space available in the Bitcoin Blockchain and ensure that registered data is linked irevocably to the Blockchain.
This is the first truly practical and commercial use of the Blockchain specifically designed for the music industry.
Bandnamevault.com uses Tierion, a Blockchain proof engine, to record artist’s band name registrations on the Blockchain. The company has plans to build a number of additional Blockchain based services for the for the music industry, details of which will be announced in the coming months.
Barney Wragg, has held global digital strategy positions at EMI and Universal Music Group and until recently was CEO of Really Useful Group before launching his own investment and advisory company Unit 1 Ventures in July.
Barney is joined at Bandnamevault.com by Simon Watt, until recently Global Head of Technology at Universal Music Group, and Sean Hanly, CEO of Irish Ticketing company Ticketsolve.
“There has been a lot of talk and excitement about the Blockchain in the music industry but no one has to date really figured out how to practically apply it or commercialise it. Bandnamevault.com combines our own smart technology and the proven benefits of the Blockchain to solve an issue for artists that has caused conflict for as long as anyone can remember. Now artists have a simple, affordable way of identifying and securing their band, DJ or stage name, and importantly associating every event or usage with that name. All of these records will be protected for all time and can be independently verified any time in the future. This gives a full and detailed record of prior use of that name.”
Barney went on to say:
“Our team has identified several other really interesting applications for Blockchain technology in the music industry and have partnered with Tieron.com to investigate and instigate a number of groundbreaking initiatives that we hope to announce in the near future.”
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019