At the Money20/20 payments and fintech services innovation event in Las Vegas today, the decentralized exchange OpenLedger, has unveiled that it’s taking three Initial Coin Offerings (ICO’s) – Apptrade, Beyond the Void and Centz – to institutional and accredited investors and aiming them at “non-cryptocurrency” markets.
“Apptrade, Beyond the Void and Centz all show applications of blockchain technology to mainstream industries. By accelerating their ICO crowdfunding, we will accelerate the spread of ICO culture and practices as well,” stated Ronny Boesing, CEO of OpenLedger to FORBES.
Pre-investment to three new ICO’s, effectively a way for investors to gain exposure to an asset through a token, comprises Apptrade, which is creating what is touted as a ‘Stockmarket for Apps’, Centz that aims to make all gift cards interchangeable and spendable anywhere, and Beyond the Void, which is making a ‘MOBA-game’ economy controlled by the players.
OpenLedger claims it is now taking ICOs mainstream by “creating a bridge” between institutional investors and the initial coin offering (ICO) space. To date, the ecosystem of OpenLedger includes advertising, blockchain talent, trading as well as ICO marketing subsidiaries dedicated to what the fintech pioneers behind it describe as one goal: Crowdfunding the future of start-up businesses.
Ronny Boesing, CEO of the OpenLedger crowdfunding ecosystem, is announcing at the Money20/20 and CoinAgenda industry trade shows that these new ICOs would be “open for pre-investment from institutional investors”, with all of them raising money through their partnership with the decentralized exchange (aka the ‘Decentralized Conglomerate’).
The ICO and cryptocurrency world is dominated by internet culture, crypto-anarchism and financial speculation. And, OpenLedger’s decision to open ICO’s in advance to institutional investors marks what is described as “the slow pull” of ICOs into the mainstream of investment and venture capital.
All three ICOs are aimed at mainstream markets and use a combination of centralized databases and blockchain tools.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019