A collective of Ukrainian Blockchain innovators have come up with a unique hardware/software combination solution called Nodio — a Blockchain-powered wifi router that serves as a platform for decentralized applications.
Its purpose is to transform obscure technologies into simple solutions for everyday use. Nodio is much more than a regular router. It uses Blockchain for running DApps (Decentralized Applications) and guarantees the highest level of privacy for every solution based on a device.
Just imagine a real peer-to-peer Internet with messengers, social media, and browsers immune to external threats and hacks, free from censorship and fear of being exposed.
Nodio provides a personal VPN over Tor server, which doesn’t store any metadata. Forget unsecured cloud storages — with a distributed storage from Nodio you receive a safe and simple place to keep your data, and for your most sensitive digital possessions they hace equipped Nodio with a 500GB hard drive with some pretty impressive hardware inside — an LTE module keeps you online in case a primary Internet source gets shut down, and a 4000 mAh battery which ensures a 24/7 performance and… all of this powered by an Octa-core cpu.
Nodio comes with a native app for its management, and right now they are developing three more free decentralized applications for messaging, cryptocurrency trading, and funds storage. All DApps are open-source and developed on their own custom Linux platform they call Xana. The beauty of Xana is in its flexibility and with Xana, developers can build their DApps for Nodio in the programming language of their choice… whether it be an application for personal use or a commercial DApp placed on the App Store and Google Play.
The founders feel that Nodio has the potential to manage an IoT network of a smart home, be a connecting link for sharing economy deals or build a secure decentralized network for your business.
Nodio can combine different Blockchains together in a single solution and create mesh networks to spread the Internet for miles beyond its original coverage, this two features alone make the device stand out. What we like the most is that the future of Nodio doesn’t depend on us alone, but also on people who will invest their skills and creativity to build new solutions based on this remarkable device.
The team is also doing a crowdsale at https://crowdsale.nodio.net/ so drop by and give them some support!
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019