The Expanse Project has just announced they have developed a new Blockchain-based voting platform with the potential to change the dynamics of future elections. It provides a facility for voting on an immutable Blockchain, storing the votes forever, tamper-proof, all around the world.
Cast your vote using the Expanse blockchain demo here.
The brainchild of Expanse co-founder and lead developer, Christopher Franko, this platform is community-managed and runs on a decentralized application platform designed to allow more efficient mining which also enables dApp developers to create more powerful applications and innovations.
“Election night is coming soon for the U.S., so now is a great time to talk about the advantages of voting using the Expanse Blockchain,” said Franko.
“The current voting systems people use are archaic and have absurdities like ‘hanging chads,’ with people counting and recounting. The results continually come into question, and all indications are that the results of this year’s U.S. presidential election will be particularly dubious.”
With a true identity system to be attached later, Expanse says they have prototyped a nearly perfect voting system. One person, one vote — everyone can vote easily. If anyone were to cheat, that cheat would also be recorded on the Blockchain to ferret out later.
“This makes for a great time to vote on the Expanse Blockchain yourself with our new decentralized voting application. While there is no identity system attached to this yet, and this is a tech demonstration rather than actual voting, this Dapp can still show how easy, accurate, and tamper-proof future voting on the Blockchain could be, unlike archaic systems in use today,” added James Clayton, Expanse co-founder and Community Manager.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019