The Expanse Project has just announced they have developed a new Blockchain-based voting platform with the potential to change the dynamics of future elections. It provides a facility for voting on an immutable Blockchain, storing the votes forever, tamper-proof, all around the world.
Cast your vote using the Expanse blockchain demo here.
The brainchild of Expanse co-founder and lead developer, Christopher Franko, this platform is community-managed and runs on a decentralized application platform designed to allow more efficient mining which also enables dApp developers to create more powerful applications and innovations.
“Election night is coming soon for the U.S., so now is a great time to talk about the advantages of voting using the Expanse Blockchain,” said Franko.
“The current voting systems people use are archaic and have absurdities like ‘hanging chads,’ with people counting and recounting. The results continually come into question, and all indications are that the results of this year’s U.S. presidential election will be particularly dubious.”
With a true identity system to be attached later, Expanse says they have prototyped a nearly perfect voting system. One person, one vote — everyone can vote easily. If anyone were to cheat, that cheat would also be recorded on the Blockchain to ferret out later.
“This makes for a great time to vote on the Expanse Blockchain yourself with our new decentralized voting application. While there is no identity system attached to this yet, and this is a tech demonstration rather than actual voting, this Dapp can still show how easy, accurate, and tamper-proof future voting on the Blockchain could be, unlike archaic systems in use today,” added James Clayton, Expanse co-founder and Community Manager.
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen - February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 - February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020