London Market Group (LMG) announced today that it is sponsoring a research project designed to investigate the potential for ‘insurance contracts of the future’ – helping contract participants reduce the friction and uncertainty of the current administrative processes.
The LMG is a market-wide body, bringing together the specialist commercial (re)insurance broking and underwriting communities in London. It is supported by the International Underwriting Association of London (IUA), Lloyd’s of London, the Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA) and the London & International Insurance Brokers’ Association (LIIBA).
Well known London Blockchain think-tank Z/Yen will lead the research, working with the London Market Target Operating Model (LM TOM) to bring together a range of wholesale brokers, insurers, re-insurers and transaction processing organisations to create a common view of the potential benefits that smart contracts could bring.
The study will look both at enhancing existing processes, and at the future potential of new products and processes taking full advantage of the capabilities of smart contacts running on mutual distributed ledgers (Blockchains).
Justin Emrich, CIO of Atrium Underwriters and sponsor of the innovation workstream within the LM TOM said:
“There is significant hype around Blockchain and smart contracts these days. It is the ‘next big thing’ according to the technology world, so we have commissioned Z/Yen to assist us all in understanding the potential application of these technologies in wholesale insurance.”
Professor Michael Mainelli, Executive Chairman of Z/Yen, added:
“We are delighted to have been commissioned to undertake this research. The London wholesale insurance community is thinking ahead about a combination of new technologies that could transform the way we do business with clients, rather than just leaping on the Blockchain bandwagon”.
The study will be published before the end of 2016. An additional output will be a “Simple Executive’s Guide To Smart Contracts” aimed at enabling insurance professionals to understand better the underlying technology capabilities and begin discussing what this new technology could bring by way of rewards, and risks.
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020