London Market Group (LMG) announced today that it is sponsoring a research project designed to investigate the potential for ‘insurance contracts of the future’ – helping contract participants reduce the friction and uncertainty of the current administrative processes.
The LMG is a market-wide body, bringing together the specialist commercial (re)insurance broking and underwriting communities in London. It is supported by the International Underwriting Association of London (IUA), Lloyd’s of London, the Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA) and the London & International Insurance Brokers’ Association (LIIBA).
Well known London Blockchain think-tank Z/Yen will lead the research, working with the London Market Target Operating Model (LM TOM) to bring together a range of wholesale brokers, insurers, re-insurers and transaction processing organisations to create a common view of the potential benefits that smart contracts could bring.
The study will look both at enhancing existing processes, and at the future potential of new products and processes taking full advantage of the capabilities of smart contacts running on mutual distributed ledgers (Blockchains).
Justin Emrich, CIO of Atrium Underwriters and sponsor of the innovation workstream within the LM TOM said:
“There is significant hype around Blockchain and smart contracts these days. It is the ‘next big thing’ according to the technology world, so we have commissioned Z/Yen to assist us all in understanding the potential application of these technologies in wholesale insurance.”
Professor Michael Mainelli, Executive Chairman of Z/Yen, added:
“We are delighted to have been commissioned to undertake this research. The London wholesale insurance community is thinking ahead about a combination of new technologies that could transform the way we do business with clients, rather than just leaping on the Blockchain bandwagon”.
The study will be published before the end of 2016. An additional output will be a “Simple Executive’s Guide To Smart Contracts” aimed at enabling insurance professionals to understand better the underlying technology capabilities and begin discussing what this new technology could bring by way of rewards, and risks.
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019