Adding even more credibility to the Hyperledger Blockchain run by the Linux Foundation – the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source has elected Jeff Garzik, CEO and co–founder of Bloq, as their representative to The Linux Foundation Board of Directors.
This key appointment recognizes Garzik’s experience with and commitment to innovating with open source technologies. Bloq is also a member of the Hyperledger Project, an open source initiative of The Linux Foundation. Hyperledger is a collaborative effort to advance Blockchain technology by identifying and addressing important features for a cross-industry open standard for distributed ledgers.
Before co-founding Bloq to develop enterprise-grade Blockchain solutions, Garzik was a bitcoin core developer, and spent over ten years at Linux market leader, Red Hat. His work with the Linux kernel is now found in every Android phone and data center running Linux today.
“Open source is vital to fostering and developing innovative technologies,” said Garzik. “We saw this in the early days of Linux, and the parallels with Blockchain-enabled technologies are undeniable. Red Hat made Linux accessible to enterprise companies, now Bloq is doing the same for Blockchain.”
“We’re pleased to welcome Jeff to The Linux Foundation Board of Directors,” said Jim Zemlin, Executive Director of The Linux Foundation. “His election by his peers of over 200 Linux Foundation members is testament to Jeff’s reputation as both a technologist and a strategist.”
Garzik will be joining a board that features members from leading enterprise technology companies including Cisco, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Intel, Oracle and Samsung.
Bloq provides Blockchain technology solutions for global enterprises. Our software platform allows companies to build, manage and scale robust Blockchain-enabled ecosystems, backed by enterprise-grade service and support. Bloq is built on open source technology, and provides the key connective tissue to securely interoperate with existing business systems. Bloq’s technology focuses on solving key business issues surrounding security, provenance, authentication and reconciliation and is led by a world class team of Blockchain developers, entrepreneurs and investors. They are headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Atlanta, Washington, DC and Shanghai.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019