Adding even more credibility to the Hyperledger Blockchain run by the Linux Foundation – the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source has elected Jeff Garzik, CEO and co–founder of Bloq, as their representative to The Linux Foundation Board of Directors.
This key appointment recognizes Garzik’s experience with and commitment to innovating with open source technologies. Bloq is also a member of the Hyperledger Project, an open source initiative of The Linux Foundation. Hyperledger is a collaborative effort to advance Blockchain technology by identifying and addressing important features for a cross-industry open standard for distributed ledgers.
Before co-founding Bloq to develop enterprise-grade Blockchain solutions, Garzik was a bitcoin core developer, and spent over ten years at Linux market leader, Red Hat. His work with the Linux kernel is now found in every Android phone and data center running Linux today.
“Open source is vital to fostering and developing innovative technologies,” said Garzik. “We saw this in the early days of Linux, and the parallels with Blockchain-enabled technologies are undeniable. Red Hat made Linux accessible to enterprise companies, now Bloq is doing the same for Blockchain.”
“We’re pleased to welcome Jeff to The Linux Foundation Board of Directors,” said Jim Zemlin, Executive Director of The Linux Foundation. “His election by his peers of over 200 Linux Foundation members is testament to Jeff’s reputation as both a technologist and a strategist.”
Garzik will be joining a board that features members from leading enterprise technology companies including Cisco, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Intel, Oracle and Samsung.
Bloq provides Blockchain technology solutions for global enterprises. Our software platform allows companies to build, manage and scale robust Blockchain-enabled ecosystems, backed by enterprise-grade service and support. Bloq is built on open source technology, and provides the key connective tissue to securely interoperate with existing business systems. Bloq’s technology focuses on solving key business issues surrounding security, provenance, authentication and reconciliation and is led by a world class team of Blockchain developers, entrepreneurs and investors. They are headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Atlanta, Washington, DC and Shanghai.
- Canadian Blockchain-Energised Company VitalHub Announces Deployment of COVID-19 Electronic Screening Tool for Long Term Care - April 8, 2020
- Blockchain Powered Immuno-Oncology Company Mateon Claims Anti-Malarial Drug Called Artemisinin, Derived from Asian Medicine Can Help Fight Covid-19 - April 8, 2020
- Auto Manufacturer Tesla To Use Blockchain Technology to Speed Up Shipping Supply Chain - April 8, 2020
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020