Adding even more credibility to the Hyperledger Blockchain run by the Linux Foundation – the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source has elected Jeff Garzik, CEO and co–founder of Bloq, as their representative to The Linux Foundation Board of Directors.
This key appointment recognizes Garzik’s experience with and commitment to innovating with open source technologies. Bloq is also a member of the Hyperledger Project, an open source initiative of The Linux Foundation. Hyperledger is a collaborative effort to advance Blockchain technology by identifying and addressing important features for a cross-industry open standard for distributed ledgers.
Before co-founding Bloq to develop enterprise-grade Blockchain solutions, Garzik was a bitcoin core developer, and spent over ten years at Linux market leader, Red Hat. His work with the Linux kernel is now found in every Android phone and data center running Linux today.
“Open source is vital to fostering and developing innovative technologies,” said Garzik. “We saw this in the early days of Linux, and the parallels with Blockchain-enabled technologies are undeniable. Red Hat made Linux accessible to enterprise companies, now Bloq is doing the same for Blockchain.”
“We’re pleased to welcome Jeff to The Linux Foundation Board of Directors,” said Jim Zemlin, Executive Director of The Linux Foundation. “His election by his peers of over 200 Linux Foundation members is testament to Jeff’s reputation as both a technologist and a strategist.”
Garzik will be joining a board that features members from leading enterprise technology companies including Cisco, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Intel, Oracle and Samsung.
Bloq provides Blockchain technology solutions for global enterprises. Our software platform allows companies to build, manage and scale robust Blockchain-enabled ecosystems, backed by enterprise-grade service and support. Bloq is built on open source technology, and provides the key connective tissue to securely interoperate with existing business systems. Bloq’s technology focuses on solving key business issues surrounding security, provenance, authentication and reconciliation and is led by a world class team of Blockchain developers, entrepreneurs and investors. They are headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Atlanta, Washington, DC and Shanghai.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019