Lisk, the powerful Blockchain application platform, has launched an ambitious series of campaigns they say will supercharge the democratic and decentralized nature of their Blockchain while providing a foundation for long term sustainability and success.
Lisk has made a public call for the nomination of new delegates, elected “officials” who perform essential tasks for the Blockchain and who receive forging rewards in exchange for their services.
Lisk operates on a Delegated Proof of Stake consensus model, where LSK “stakeholders” vote for delegate candidates. To be elected, delegate candidates should show they are passionate about the Lisk community, support the Lisk ecosystem, display an understanding of the power of Blockchain technology, and make a commitment to lowering the barrier of entry for new members while actively identifying beneficial opportunities for Lisk. To further incentivize the nomination of new delegates through the proposal system, for a limited time all registered delegates will be refunded the normal 25 LSK proposal fee.
Lisk CEO Max Kordek said:
“We are excited to announce three major campaigns at once. Lisk is firm in our mission to maintain and grow a decentralized network, and so we look forward to the nomination of new delegate-leaders to foster our community. The cumulative voting power of all Lisk holders decides who will make up the 101 delegates, so it’s purely a community-led decision and that’s the direction we want to take. Sharing the power and incentivizing users is the most effective way to build a Blockchain, and that’s why Lisk is on the rise.”
Simultaneously, Lisk announced a Proposal Contest to the general public. All LSK holders will be able to submit proposals of any kind to the network from now until December 5, 2016. Both new and updated proposals will be considered. After the conclusion of the contest, the creators of three proposals will each receive 5,000 LSK, currently equivalent to $800, and the authors of ten additional proposals will each receive 1000 LSK, or approximately $160. Proposals will be judged by the Lisk Core Development team under a rubric that considers the viability, creativity, thoroughness and clarity of the proposals. Those which offer increased transparency and which promise to more significantly contribute to the Lisk ecosystem will receive additional weight.
Lastly, Lisk established a new Community Fund, a major new program that will help guarantee the long-term viability and foster the overarching development of the Lisk Ecosystem in a decentralized, community-led way. The Lisk Community Fund will be generated from voluntary contributions from LSK owners, who may donate a portion of their cryptocurrency holdings to a fund that will be securely held in escrow until 2019. Lisk Founders Max Kordek and Oliver Beddows are together donating the first 100,000 LSK, approximately $16,000, to the fund.
“The new delegate campaign, the incentivized proposal contest, and the creation of a Community Fund are all steps forward for the Lisk ecosystem. Separately, each further progresses our mission to provide the world’s best platform for Blockchain applications. Combined, these campaigns will generate excitement and engagement from our community, the greatest asset Lisk could ever have,” concluded Kordek.
Currently valued at over $16 million, LSK, the cryptocurrency underpinning the platform, sits in 16th place of the most valuable digital currencies. Additional details on Lisk’s new campaigns can be found on the Lisk Blog.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019