Lisk, the powerful Blockchain application platform, has launched an ambitious series of campaigns they say will supercharge the democratic and decentralized nature of their Blockchain while providing a foundation for long term sustainability and success.
Lisk has made a public call for the nomination of new delegates, elected “officials” who perform essential tasks for the Blockchain and who receive forging rewards in exchange for their services.
Lisk operates on a Delegated Proof of Stake consensus model, where LSK “stakeholders” vote for delegate candidates. To be elected, delegate candidates should show they are passionate about the Lisk community, support the Lisk ecosystem, display an understanding of the power of Blockchain technology, and make a commitment to lowering the barrier of entry for new members while actively identifying beneficial opportunities for Lisk. To further incentivize the nomination of new delegates through the proposal system, for a limited time all registered delegates will be refunded the normal 25 LSK proposal fee.
Lisk CEO Max Kordek said:
“We are excited to announce three major campaigns at once. Lisk is firm in our mission to maintain and grow a decentralized network, and so we look forward to the nomination of new delegate-leaders to foster our community. The cumulative voting power of all Lisk holders decides who will make up the 101 delegates, so it’s purely a community-led decision and that’s the direction we want to take. Sharing the power and incentivizing users is the most effective way to build a Blockchain, and that’s why Lisk is on the rise.”
Simultaneously, Lisk announced a Proposal Contest to the general public. All LSK holders will be able to submit proposals of any kind to the network from now until December 5, 2016. Both new and updated proposals will be considered. After the conclusion of the contest, the creators of three proposals will each receive 5,000 LSK, currently equivalent to $800, and the authors of ten additional proposals will each receive 1000 LSK, or approximately $160. Proposals will be judged by the Lisk Core Development team under a rubric that considers the viability, creativity, thoroughness and clarity of the proposals. Those which offer increased transparency and which promise to more significantly contribute to the Lisk ecosystem will receive additional weight.
Lastly, Lisk established a new Community Fund, a major new program that will help guarantee the long-term viability and foster the overarching development of the Lisk Ecosystem in a decentralized, community-led way. The Lisk Community Fund will be generated from voluntary contributions from LSK owners, who may donate a portion of their cryptocurrency holdings to a fund that will be securely held in escrow until 2019. Lisk Founders Max Kordek and Oliver Beddows are together donating the first 100,000 LSK, approximately $16,000, to the fund.
“The new delegate campaign, the incentivized proposal contest, and the creation of a Community Fund are all steps forward for the Lisk ecosystem. Separately, each further progresses our mission to provide the world’s best platform for Blockchain applications. Combined, these campaigns will generate excitement and engagement from our community, the greatest asset Lisk could ever have,” concluded Kordek.
Currently valued at over $16 million, LSK, the cryptocurrency underpinning the platform, sits in 16th place of the most valuable digital currencies. Additional details on Lisk’s new campaigns can be found on the Lisk Blog.
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019