Blockchain consortium R3 CEV has only managed to pique the interest of its member banks to invest $59 million in the company’s first funding round, less than half its overall target, a person close to the deal told Reuters on Friday.
R3, a New York-based startup, is seeking to raise $150 million from its members and strategic investors to fund its activities focused on developing blockchain-based technology for the financial services sector.
Of those original members, 36 have expressed indications of interest through stakes ranging from $3.5 million to $1 million each, the person said, declining to be named because the fundraising is private.
It had originally sought to raise $200 million, offering prospective investors a 90 percent stake in a new entity it would have run but restructured the deal to $150 million in return for a 60 percent stake in itself.
But now with Goldman Sachs and Santander pulling out of R3 along with some others staying in but declining to invest, the Corda project will be running on half tank and a little leaner than they expected.
Corda’s current development team consists of:
- CTO Richard Gendal Brown, formerly the executive architect for banking innovation at IBM.
- Chief engineer James Carlyle, the former chief engineer for personal and corporate banking architecture at Barclays.
- Lead platform engineer Mike Hearn, an ex-senior software engineer at Google and one of the first bitcoin users.
- Architecture consultant Ian Grigg, inventor of the Ricardian Contract and co-inventor of triple entry accounting.
- Head of research Tim Swanson, market researcher who has authored a study on bitcoin.
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019