Blockchain, the world’s leading provider of digital currency and distributed ledger software, has today been named in the inaugural Virgin Media Business Disruptor 10, Powered by Fast Track and published with The Sunday Times.
The ten companies forming the Disruptor 10 are recognised for having a business model, product or service that is creating a new market, or transforming existing markets and rapidly taking market share from competitors.
“Disruptors like Blockchain are re-writing the business rule book. The success of Blockchain and the other disruptors on our list shows how digital has progressed in just one generation and is the now the backbone of successful companies who are taking market share away from companies who are less digitally focussed,” said Peter Kelly, Managing Director of Virgin Media Business.
Blockchain, impressed the researchers with its potential to significantly disrupt and re-engineer the global financial system as we know it today.
Peter Smith, Blockchain CEO and Co-Founder recently told the researchers that his vision is to:
“…make it as easy as possible for people to do business with each other, which means making it as easy to transfer value as it is to communicate.”
As well as being highly innovative, Blockchain also proved they have the ability to scale and the momentum in place to become a disruptive force in the global financial system. Its platform hosts 10m Bitcoin Wallets and it services 50% of all the crypto-currency’s global transactions. The company also secured $31m in 2014, the largest ever first-round digital currency fundraising.
To view the full The Virgin Media Business Disruptor 10, Powered by Fast Track list please visit: (link)
Blockchain is on a mission to build a more open, accessible, and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time. Thanks to its rapid expansion and position as the world’s most popular bitcoin wallet, the firm’s technology is revolutionizing the $13T financial services industry by empowering millions across the globe to authenticate and transact immediately and without costly intermediaries. (www.blockchain.com).
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019