Blockchain, the world’s leading provider of digital currency and distributed ledger software, has today been named in the inaugural Virgin Media Business Disruptor 10, Powered by Fast Track and published with The Sunday Times.
The ten companies forming the Disruptor 10 are recognised for having a business model, product or service that is creating a new market, or transforming existing markets and rapidly taking market share from competitors.
“Disruptors like Blockchain are re-writing the business rule book. The success of Blockchain and the other disruptors on our list shows how digital has progressed in just one generation and is the now the backbone of successful companies who are taking market share away from companies who are less digitally focussed,” said Peter Kelly, Managing Director of Virgin Media Business.
Blockchain, impressed the researchers with its potential to significantly disrupt and re-engineer the global financial system as we know it today.
Peter Smith, Blockchain CEO and Co-Founder recently told the researchers that his vision is to:
“…make it as easy as possible for people to do business with each other, which means making it as easy to transfer value as it is to communicate.”
As well as being highly innovative, Blockchain also proved they have the ability to scale and the momentum in place to become a disruptive force in the global financial system. Its platform hosts 10m Bitcoin Wallets and it services 50% of all the crypto-currency’s global transactions. The company also secured $31m in 2014, the largest ever first-round digital currency fundraising.
To view the full The Virgin Media Business Disruptor 10, Powered by Fast Track list please visit: (link)
Blockchain is on a mission to build a more open, accessible, and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time. Thanks to its rapid expansion and position as the world’s most popular bitcoin wallet, the firm’s technology is revolutionizing the $13T financial services industry by empowering millions across the globe to authenticate and transact immediately and without costly intermediaries. (www.blockchain.com).
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019