Blockchain, the world’s leading provider of digital currency and distributed ledger software, has today been named in the inaugural Virgin Media Business Disruptor 10, Powered by Fast Track and published with The Sunday Times.
The ten companies forming the Disruptor 10 are recognised for having a business model, product or service that is creating a new market, or transforming existing markets and rapidly taking market share from competitors.
“Disruptors like Blockchain are re-writing the business rule book. The success of Blockchain and the other disruptors on our list shows how digital has progressed in just one generation and is the now the backbone of successful companies who are taking market share away from companies who are less digitally focussed,” said Peter Kelly, Managing Director of Virgin Media Business.
Blockchain, impressed the researchers with its potential to significantly disrupt and re-engineer the global financial system as we know it today.
Peter Smith, Blockchain CEO and Co-Founder recently told the researchers that his vision is to:
“…make it as easy as possible for people to do business with each other, which means making it as easy to transfer value as it is to communicate.”
As well as being highly innovative, Blockchain also proved they have the ability to scale and the momentum in place to become a disruptive force in the global financial system. Its platform hosts 10m Bitcoin Wallets and it services 50% of all the crypto-currency’s global transactions. The company also secured $31m in 2014, the largest ever first-round digital currency fundraising.
To view the full The Virgin Media Business Disruptor 10, Powered by Fast Track list please visit: (link)
Blockchain is on a mission to build a more open, accessible, and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time. Thanks to its rapid expansion and position as the world’s most popular bitcoin wallet, the firm’s technology is revolutionizing the $13T financial services industry by empowering millions across the globe to authenticate and transact immediately and without costly intermediaries. (www.blockchain.com).
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019