South East Asia has got its first Blockchain incubator and it’s started by the team behind GBMiners.com (South East Asia’s largest bitcoin mining pool), and backed/invested by Amit Bharadwaj. The incubator is very aptly named Satoshi Studios and is inviting applications from entrepreneurs working in the South East Asia region. The incubator has a 3-month intensive residence program in New Delhi, India, where the founders will spend time with the GBMiners team and other Blockchain startups and receive 50K USD in funding for 8%-15% equity in the company.
“Our vision is to build New Delhi (India) as the Blockchain Knowledge Hub of Southeast Asia,” said Bhardwaj.
“South East Asia and bitcoin adoption will be a very symbiotic relationship. The region is the world’s largest inward remittance market and also has the world’s largest unbanked population. There is so much potential in bitcoin’s adoption in the region, and the times could not be better for bitcoin adoption especially with the region’s largest economy’s biggest currency notes being demonetized recently.”
The Indian economy is undergoing interesting times, where the Prime Minister Modi recently demonetised 500 and 1000 rupee currency notes, which formed majority of the paper currency in circulation in the country and the aggressive Prime Minister is rigorously pushing for a cashless economy.
The incubator’s co-founder, Sahil Baghla said:
“We had been receiving a lot of interest from fellow entrepreneurs seeking feedback on their idea on the Blockchain and some of the entrepreneurs we’ve met are building some really interesting applications on Blockchain, and we wanted to work with them and see if we could get an opportunity to know and work with more of these geniuses.”
On being questioned about why focus on the South Asian region and not any other, Bharadwaj said:
“These economies have shared areas of impact from the Blockchain technology and applications needed to solve their problems will be more or less similar.” He also added, “GBMiners’s access to Blockchain-friendly investors will provide the necessary connections for the entrepreneurs to be able to raise capital from the right people in the region and also save them from reinventing the wheel.”
Speaking about the other perks that the incubator will the offering to the selected startups, Baghla said:
“Startups will get an awesome workspace and living space for 3 months in New Delhi. There will be intensive mentorship sessions by Blockchain experts, which will help startups to reach the product market fit quickly.”
The team behind GBMiners has been growing aggressively, the recently launched pool grew to become the 2nd largest pool outside China, and gather a pool of 65 Petahashes, in a span of less than 3 months of launch.
Interested entrepreneurs can apply for the Batch 1 at: http://satoshistudios.io/
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019