The Insurance Engineering Blockchain Consortium launched earlier this week online and the goal of the new consortium is to understand how Blockchain technology and smart contracts can serve the construction, infrastructure, and associated insurance industries upon which society depends.
The work of the consortium is based on several whitepapers published by the FinTech Task force for the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) and the Quarterly Letter of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Center for Insurance Policy and Research (NAIC/CIPR).
Co-Founder Daniel Robles, PE stated:
“There may be an extraordinary opportunity for professional engineers to work closely with the insurance industry and financial institutions as the decentralized adjudication force to assure smart contracts in real work environments. The result would be increased process efficiency, fault-tolerance, enhanced valuation of assets and reduced risk exposures”
The IEBC is currently accepting founding firms in the Insurance, banking, and infrastructure industries to help lay out the research and development agenda for the coming year.
The value of new construction in the US is nearly 1.4 Trillion Dollars. A complex web of contracts underwritten by insurance carriers and financial institutions spread across the US economic system manage this activity.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019