Bitgive has announced the launch of Givetrack, a Blockchain powered platform that traces nonprofit transactions. The application aims to allow greater transparency and ensures donor funds reach their destination.
Filmmaker Aaron Koenig from Bitfilm kindly donated his time and skills to record BitGive’s founder and executive director, Connie Gallippi, who recently announced the launch of Givetrack at LaBitConf Buenos Aires.
GiveTrack uses Blockchain technology to allow donors and the public to trace nonprofit transactions on a public platform in real time to see how funds are spent, ensure they reach their final destination, and track the results generated from contributions.
GiveTrack will help reward good actors, educate donors, and identify & avoid fraudulent activities that occur along traditional paths. GiveTrack can be used domestically, and will also significantly increase access to funds in the developing world while reducing the friction, transaction time, and exorbitant fees of traditional cross-border transactions.
Given the many incidents involving charities misusing donated funds — from the Trump Foundation admitting to self-dealing to San Francisco socialite Joy Bianchi’s charity Helpers Community Inc. doing almost no charitable work while amassing millions in assets to the former New York street corner charity United Homeless Organization being revealed as a fraud back in 2009 — it’s no surprise that many Americans are distrustful of philanthropic enterprises.
A 2015 study by The Chronicle of Philanthropy found that 35% of Americans had little to no faith in charities.
The Blockchain technology that underpins the cryptocurrency bitcoin has often been described as a potential solution to industries that suffer from fraud or a lack of transparency and trust.
Here’s the demo video:
From the Bitgive Foundation website:
We may not be able to stop natural disasters from happening, curb severe weather events, or solve all the problems of corruption around the globe, but we can implement a new system using the most innovative technology available today.
Bitcoin and Blockchain technology is an amazing innovation that provides the means to not only transfer funds directly, securely, and at significantly lower cost; but to also broadcast every transaction on a public ledger, allowing everyone to see exactly where the funds go and the impact they have. GiveTrack will build upon the existing core technology a customized platform for nonprofits that is data centered, user friendly, and provides a comprehensive user interface.
Our initial MVP (minimum viable product) is currently under development. We are working closely with several partners, including our lead charity partner, The Water Project, to support projects in western Kenya and additional charity partners around the world. Future phases of GiveTrack will build out a broadly-applicable platform, data analysis layers, feedback loops, reporting mechanisms, and more.
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020