The cryptocurrency platform Byteball has announced its upcoming launch on December 25, 2016 and as a part of its launch offering, Byteball will allow Bitcoin users to claim fresh Bytes (Byteball’s crypto tokens), proportional to their respective Bitcoin balances on the day of Christmas.
The platform will take into account the status of Bitcoin distribution across the network, as available on the first Bitcoin block mined on December 25, 2016.
Byteball, the cryptocurrency platform for decentralized storage and transfer of value, is built on Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) instead of Blockchain like other existing cryptocurrencies. The idea of using DAGs was first proposed the team from Iota publicly in 2015. Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT).
Another proponent of DAG is Dr. Tom Holden, A lecturer at the Centre for International Macroeconomic Studies (CIMS), School of Economics at the University of Surrey in the UK who talked about it at Bitcointalk in June 2016.
Read the whitepaper.
The absence of Blockchain helps Byteball avoid block size related scalability issues, which Bitcoin is currently facing.
In order to receive free Bytes, members of the Bitcoin community will have to prove their Bitcoin balance and link the addresses with that of Byteball before December, 25.
The unique cryptocurrency platform can be used to issue assets representing debt, shares, commodities, etc. Regulatory compliance can be easily achieved through a multi-signature process that requires the issuer to co-sign all transfers. Byteball also makes allowance for the creation of untraceable assets where transaction information is conveyed directly from payer to payee, and only hashes are stored on a public database.
The developers of Byteball have created an entire cryptocurrency ecosystem, including an easy-to-use smart contracts platform, cryptocurrency wallets, bot supported e-commerce, and more. The platform already has a running testnet. Like Blockchain, DAG is decentralized and the information stored on the Byteball is immutable. Developers of the platform have set a maximum cap of 1015 Bytes, out of which 98 percent will be distributed among the community members.
Byteball is an initiative of a Moscow, Russia-based development team. The innovative cryptocurrency uses DAG structure instead of the conventional Blockchain, eliminating scaling issues. It is a complete cryptocurrency ecosystem set to go live on the Christmas day of 2016.
- Learn more about Byteball here;
- Byteball on BitconTalk;
- Follow Byteball on Twitter;
- Byteball’s Slack channel.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020