According to a new report from Tractica, annual revenue for enterprise applications of Blockchain will increase from $2.5 billion worldwide in 2016 to $19.9 billion by 2025. The market intelligence firm’s analysis indicates that this market will be composed of 29 key use cases that will touch at least 19 different industry sectors.
“Blockchain, a technology that began with Bitcoin, is enjoying a blossoming beyond cryptocurrency and the transfer of money, to an architecture able to support many types of transactions, from logging an event, to signing a document, to voting, to allocating energy between parties, and far beyond,” says principal analyst Jessica Groopman.
Groopman adds that, in the last year alone, over a hundred financial institutions, more than two dozen governments, and countless corporations and venture capitalists have invested more than $1 billion into Blockchain startups.
“But through the fog of hype,” she says, “lies the sobering reality that this is a market of extreme nascence and fragmentation. Despite significant hurdles, however, Blockchain has the potential to impact a wide variety of industries, most notably finance, manufacturing, healthcare, energy, and insurance, among many others.”
Tractica’s report, “Blockchain for Enterprise Applications”, examines market trends, technology issues, key use cases, and industry players in the rapidly evolving enterprise Blockchain sector. The study includes granular market sizing and revenue forecasts for 29 use cases spanning 19 industries, segmented by implementation category and world region, for the 10-year period from 2016 through 2025. The report also includes in-depth profiles of 22 key industry players. An Executive Summary of the report is available for free download on the firm’s website.
Within the past couple of years, there has been much ado about Blockchain, also known as distributed ledger technology: a distributed data verification technology wherein financial and operational transactions are recorded and validated across a network, rather than through a central authority. This technology can be confounding as enterprises wrestle with how best to utilize it, but at the same time Blockchain promises radically different approaches and efficiencies for transaction processing, asset management, intra-organizational execution, and identity management.
Tractica is a market intelligence firm that focuses on human interaction with technology. Tractica’s global market research and consulting services combine qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to provide a comprehensive view of the emerging market opportunities surrounding Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, User Interface Technologies, Wearable Devices, and Digital Health. For more information, visit www.tractica.com or call +1.303.248.3000.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020