The Dutch team behind cryptocurrency (I/O Digital Foundation) has announced they are in final beta and gearing up for the upcoming launch of DIONS (Decentralized Input Output Name Server) Blockchain upgrade.
“Think of Skype chat, but with a strong AES256 end to end built-in encryption all decentralized over Blockchain … this is coming out with DIONS.” said the I/O Digital development team in a press release.
It is the first major milestone in IOC’s second development roadmap following the successful completion of the previous one set during the platform’s initial launch. As a part of its initial development roadmap, the team had created a full featured HTML5 IOC wallet alternative to Bitcoin-based QT wallet. It was followed by IONS (semi-centralized domain names) and POS I/O – a Proof of Stake (PoS) volume controlled Blockchain upgrade.
“The potential user base for this is huge, we have built the Blockchain version of GPGTools and there will be no more centralized key servers needed, literally everything is decentralized […] Furthermore, nobody has been here before by ensuring the ability to protect individual freedoms through strongly encrypted communications and we’re tremendously excited,” they added.
“Users the world over can now safely and securely transmit photographic images, audio recordings, news reports or indeed any arbitrary data content across the world over Blockchain by using our Ecosystem.”
The origin of IOC and DIONS goes back to the days when Proof of Work (PoW) based Bitcoin was introduced following Satoshi Nakamoto’s whitepaper. The August 2012 paper by Scott Nadal and Sunny King on PoS based Peercoin cryptocurrency created yet another standard for digital currency platforms.
Started as an X11 PoW based cryptocurrency, IOC successfully made a transition to unique PoS I/O. The PoS based IOC used a volume controlled Blockchain, capable of instant transfers that received confirmations in less than 30 seconds. With block times of 1 minute, the I/O Digital Blockchain has proven itself to be extremely energy efficient and ten times faster than Bitcoin.
Considering Bitcoin’s lack of user-friendliness and privacy; risk of data bloat and centralized security breaches in Fintech. On December 2014, the I/O Digital development team proposed a major upgrade to the main IOC Blockchain called DIONS.
Its fully AES 256 encrypted decentralized name server, messaging, data storage and a decentralized “GPGTOOLS” like system offers a distinct advantage over Bitcoin. The DIONS Blockchain also enables identity storage, avatar creation and encrypted document storage capabilities that are transferable between users. All the features are readily hard coded into a user-friendly HTML5 wallet system.
Encrypted Decentralized Messaging
DIONS will be accompanied by a Skype-like decentralized end-to-end encrypted “chat” system with built in AES 256 encryption. The chat feature will not only allow users to send encrypted private messages, but also provides an option to broadcast messages to a wider world. It offers an attractive option for third party developers intending to build a censorship resistant decentralized “Twitter-esque” micro-blogging service.
Decentralized Identity & Name Server System (Aliases)
The I/O Digital Blockchain DIONS, will allow users to store sensitive identity credentials ensuring a way for users to manage their reputation and control their data. The decentralized name system will be censorship resistant. DIONS which is part of the I/O Digital suite of tools enables the creation of arbitrary key / value pairs. Thus the I/O Digital Blockchain provides a decentralised DNS database. Names can right now, be referenced as domain records by using our own or even 3rd party APIs. There is no restriction on the form of our DIONS aliases, they can take any arbitrary form and be transferable between users. The DNS records may be for example A records, CNAME or MX records.
Their Blockchain provides a ready made DNS database upon which our own or even 3rd party APIs can be employed. (This can also reduce network traffic in terms of DNS queries) DIONS will allow for private creation of aliases and identity storage (so called ‘private aliases’ which can be made public at will by the user). A private alias will provide users an added layer of privacy at the time of creating an alias. In this way, users can create both public and private usernames with which transactions can take place. Combining a unique, memorable ID with their brand name to receive I/O Coin payments will be highly beneficial to individuals and business alike.
Businesses, as well as being able to make use of their own brand names, can now use unique human readable IDs to serve as a customer’s, invoice or reference numbers (e.g. HSBC:8008135). This provides a more familiar format for customers accustomed to the naming conventions of email or websites. It also allows businesses to benefit from vastly reduced fees and the robustness and easy auditability of a decentralized distributed database.
I/O Digital’s Blockchain also helps manage intellectual property rights, certificates of authenticity and condition reports. A hash value included in an I/O transaction can serve as Proof of Existence for any digital file, with the timestamp of hash value serving as an immutable proof. The data storage feature along with an arbitrary key allows users to input data within the HTML5 wallet either through keyboard or ‘File Upload’ option.
I/O Digital Ecosystem – Protecting Individual Freedoms In Blockchain
Our I/O Digital Ecosystem has the capability for encrypted communications approved by the NSA for levels up to “Top Secret”. It offers a unique feature in self-contained RSA public key cryptography over the Blockchain. The I/O Digital team has built the first RSA public key communications system with AES 256 fully integrated over the Blockchain for world-wide secure communications. Thus it can be viewed as a replacement for gpgtools (which has been widely used throughout the world for over 17 years), with the Blockchain * replacing * all central key servers, for a completely decentralized means of encrypted communication.
Developers through third party APIs could use DIONS to allow encrypt/decrypt, sign/verify and import keys from text selections, files, folders, images, audio for censorship free transmission across the worldwide network that I/O Digital already has become.
DIONS opens up great opportunities for businesses that can create their Proof of Concept around the I/O Digital Blockchain technology and figure out if Blockchain is interesting for their services. There is a bright future ahead for Blockchain development and services.
An award winning team
The I/O Digital Development team and IOC have won the public award in the Blockchain category of the Euro Fintech Awards. They have also made it to the finals of the Benzinga FinTech awards. I/O Digital was recently listed in the KPMG / H2 ventures FinTech top 100 as an Emerging Star.
The team of I/O Digital is highly experienced industry professionals who know how to get results, deal with technological challenges and secure a place in the Blockchain ecosystem with their technology.
I/O Digital’s ultimate goal is to have companies use their Blockchain technology to gain a competitive advantage by creating a synergy between services and operate with fewer costs while adding new services to their portfolio.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017