Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK) announced that its rights offering of Blockchain Voting Series A Preferred Shares and Voting Series B Preferred Shares closed today, raising total gross proceeds of approximately USD $10.9 million before payment of the dealer-manager fee or any other expenses.
“This offering is historic in that we have successfully issued public securities that exist only on a Blockchain,” said Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne. “In doing so, we have demonstrated to the world that there is indeed a path toward applying Blockchain technology to capital markets in a way that complies with regulatory requirements and is accessible and practical for both issuers and investors. In the process, we raised a meaningful amount of capital, which Overstock can use to continue fueling our growth.”
Source Capital Group, Inc. served as the dealer-manager for the rights offering. The company raised total gross proceeds of approximately $10.9 million before payment of the dealer-manager fee or any other expenses.
Of the 695,898 shares sold, 126,565 were Series A Blockchain shares, the release said. With this, Overstock has become the first publicly traded company to issue stock over the internet, Wired noted.
The Blockchain shares are trading on a registered alternative trading system utilizing Medici Ventures’ t0 platform. Medici Ventures is a wholly owned subsidiary of Overstock. The trading symbol for the Series A shares has been changed to OSTKP. The Series B shares will trade in the over-the-counter market and are expected to be quoted on the OTCQB operated by OTC Markets Group.
“An enormous amount of work went into this offering,” said Jonathan Johnson, chairman of Overstock’s board of directors and president of Medici Ventures. “We created new technologies and formed novel partnerships while shattering formidable barriers.”
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019