Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK) announced that its rights offering of Blockchain Voting Series A Preferred Shares and Voting Series B Preferred Shares closed today, raising total gross proceeds of approximately USD $10.9 million before payment of the dealer-manager fee or any other expenses.
“This offering is historic in that we have successfully issued public securities that exist only on a Blockchain,” said Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne. “In doing so, we have demonstrated to the world that there is indeed a path toward applying Blockchain technology to capital markets in a way that complies with regulatory requirements and is accessible and practical for both issuers and investors. In the process, we raised a meaningful amount of capital, which Overstock can use to continue fueling our growth.”
Source Capital Group, Inc. served as the dealer-manager for the rights offering. The company raised total gross proceeds of approximately $10.9 million before payment of the dealer-manager fee or any other expenses.
Of the 695,898 shares sold, 126,565 were Series A Blockchain shares, the release said. With this, Overstock has become the first publicly traded company to issue stock over the internet, Wired noted.
The Blockchain shares are trading on a registered alternative trading system utilizing Medici Ventures’ t0 platform. Medici Ventures is a wholly owned subsidiary of Overstock. The trading symbol for the Series A shares has been changed to OSTKP. The Series B shares will trade in the over-the-counter market and are expected to be quoted on the OTCQB operated by OTC Markets Group.
“An enormous amount of work went into this offering,” said Jonathan Johnson, chairman of Overstock’s board of directors and president of Medici Ventures. “We created new technologies and formed novel partnerships while shattering formidable barriers.”
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019