The Factom Foundation began with the idea that unchangeable data and audit trails are the foundation for building tools that lets us operate more freely and with greater trust in the world. Two years later, they have announced the release of the Factom Federation network. The design and features of this release represent the next generation in the evolution of the Factom Blockchain.
They have spent the last year developing and testing their decentralized and federated Blockchain.
“It has been inspiring and affirming to have a large community of like-minded individuals that has support us as we built this amazing technology,” said Paul Snow, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Factom Foundation.
The Factom Federation is the second major version release of the core Factom software. It includes several protocol changes and a networking change that gives Factom the ability to do further upgrades on the following:
- Eight Federated Servers – Increased censorship resistance and globally distributed.
- Eight Auditing Servers – 8 new auditing servers supporting the network.
- Confirmations In Seconds Instead of Minutes – 600X improvement
- More Transactions Per Second – 5X improvement.
- Merkle Proofs More Accessible – Proof of Existence made easy with the factomd API.
- Distributed Peer to Peer Network – Resistant to denial of service type attacks.
- Graphic Control Panel For Nodes – Easily see the activities of the Factom network.
- BIP 44 Wallet Support – Factoids can now be integrated into a wider range of wallets.
- Robust Testing Infrastructure – New public test net and suite of testing tools.
- Support For Multiple Blockchains – Bitcoin and now the Ethereum network.
The Factom Foundation is dedicated to building and safeguarding the open source Factom protocol. They are on a mission to make the world’s systems honest. People and institutions today can solve hard problems and change the world for the better when they have a reliable framework to build upon.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019