The Factom Foundation began with the idea that unchangeable data and audit trails are the foundation for building tools that lets us operate more freely and with greater trust in the world. Two years later, they have announced the release of the Factom Federation network. The design and features of this release represent the next generation in the evolution of the Factom Blockchain.
They have spent the last year developing and testing their decentralized and federated Blockchain.
“It has been inspiring and affirming to have a large community of like-minded individuals that has support us as we built this amazing technology,” said Paul Snow, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Factom Foundation.
The Factom Federation is the second major version release of the core Factom software. It includes several protocol changes and a networking change that gives Factom the ability to do further upgrades on the following:
- Eight Federated Servers – Increased censorship resistance and globally distributed.
- Eight Auditing Servers – 8 new auditing servers supporting the network.
- Confirmations In Seconds Instead of Minutes – 600X improvement
- More Transactions Per Second – 5X improvement.
- Merkle Proofs More Accessible – Proof of Existence made easy with the factomd API.
- Distributed Peer to Peer Network – Resistant to denial of service type attacks.
- Graphic Control Panel For Nodes – Easily see the activities of the Factom network.
- BIP 44 Wallet Support – Factoids can now be integrated into a wider range of wallets.
- Robust Testing Infrastructure – New public test net and suite of testing tools.
- Support For Multiple Blockchains – Bitcoin and now the Ethereum network.
The Factom Foundation is dedicated to building and safeguarding the open source Factom protocol. They are on a mission to make the world’s systems honest. People and institutions today can solve hard problems and change the world for the better when they have a reliable framework to build upon.
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019