The Factom Foundation began with the idea that unchangeable data and audit trails are the foundation for building tools that lets us operate more freely and with greater trust in the world. Two years later, they have announced the release of the Factom Federation network. The design and features of this release represent the next generation in the evolution of the Factom Blockchain.
They have spent the last year developing and testing their decentralized and federated Blockchain.
“It has been inspiring and affirming to have a large community of like-minded individuals that has support us as we built this amazing technology,” said Paul Snow, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Factom Foundation.
The Factom Federation is the second major version release of the core Factom software. It includes several protocol changes and a networking change that gives Factom the ability to do further upgrades on the following:
- Eight Federated Servers – Increased censorship resistance and globally distributed.
- Eight Auditing Servers – 8 new auditing servers supporting the network.
- Confirmations In Seconds Instead of Minutes – 600X improvement
- More Transactions Per Second – 5X improvement.
- Merkle Proofs More Accessible – Proof of Existence made easy with the factomd API.
- Distributed Peer to Peer Network – Resistant to denial of service type attacks.
- Graphic Control Panel For Nodes – Easily see the activities of the Factom network.
- BIP 44 Wallet Support – Factoids can now be integrated into a wider range of wallets.
- Robust Testing Infrastructure – New public test net and suite of testing tools.
- Support For Multiple Blockchains – Bitcoin and now the Ethereum network.
The Factom Foundation is dedicated to building and safeguarding the open source Factom protocol. They are on a mission to make the world’s systems honest. People and institutions today can solve hard problems and change the world for the better when they have a reliable framework to build upon.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019