Opening with a hackathon on 20th January, London Blockchain Week 2017 will play host to an eclectic mix of speakers from the Blockchain community, including Bobby Lee, CEO and co-founder of China’s first bitcoin exchange BTC China (BTCC) and Tom Wilkinson, Senior Data Scientist for the UK Government Home Office; cementing London’s place as a leader in fintech innovation.
Luis Carranza, Founder of London Blockchain Week said:
“Despite political uncertainty around the UK’s position in the global economy, London continues to excel in fintech innovation and distributed ledger technology in particular. The past year has seen the UK government embrace Blockchain technology alongside other sectors that are waking up to its potential, from the diamond trade to the music industry. As the FCA adds a number of Blockchain start-ups to its regulatory sandbox, 2017 is set to be a seminal year for Blockchain/DLT as key players across the fintech ecosystem, from large corporates to innovative start-ups, drive a fundamental shift in how businesses will function over the coming decade.”
The main conference begins on 23rd January at the Grange Hotel, Tower Bridge, and will see UNICEF present ‘Donercoin’ – its Blockchain solution to digitise donations and create transparency in global aid. Bobby Lee of BTCC will outline China’s influence on Blockchain development in relation to the European markets.
On day two, Tom Wilkinson of the UK Government Home Office will discuss the potential for Blockchain technology to revolutionise the way local government interacts with citizens. In partnership with Day One VC, The Government of Papua New Guinea and the Open Bank Initiative, the first three days will consist of a hackathon at Launch22 where developers will be challenged with creating Blockchain concepts to help local, regional and national governments assist their citizens better.
The event culminates with three days of Blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) workshops at Cocoon Networks, where industry experts from RBS, Ethereum and BigChainDB will hold practical workshops for Blockchain enthusiasts.
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019